PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    just got back from a day out at the seaside, so done loads of walking, but also had a couple treats too

B weetabix and milk
    L fish and chips, and an ice cream
    T chicken in batter and salad
    s strawberry yogurt

There is noway you can go to the seaside and not have fish and chips :D Yum Yum Yum!!!

We wont tell anyone ;)
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • LavenderBees
    LavenderBees Posts: 1,718 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 18 June 2012 at 9:09PM
    Options
    EllaRose wrote: »
    Thanks N2BT, I love the BBC Good Food website anyway so I'll have a look. I'm getting bored of the same old veg/chicken/tomato soup rotation.

Edit: Found it here!
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1974663/curried-squash-lentil-and-coconut-soup

Looks good! Thank you kindly, Both :A Will be giving that a try at some point.

LB xx

ETA - Lucky Ragz ;)...if that was a guaranteed outcome, a few more of us might try the exercising :rotfl:xx
  • mlarky
    mlarky Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    On the plus side the exercise went well with a swim and lots of errands during the day so about half an hours walking + some gardening. Eating was not so good.
    B - cereal, l - 3 cheese biscuits, small piece Stilton and an apple, d - half a tin of beans and 3 slices of toast. Snacks - 1 large cheese scone, 3 small pieces of plum cake, 3 jelly babies, 1 tunnocks tea cake and a mini caramel bar. There. At least I feel slightly better now I've fessed up. :o
    Don't know why I got so bad. I wasn't working today so it might have been the change of routine. It can only be a better day tomorrow.
    N2BT we have just put down some nematodes to ty and deal with our slugs. I'll post if they do the job.
    Mlarky
  • sb88_2
    sb88_2 Posts: 194 Forumite
    Options
    Hii, I was hoping to join you lovely people!

I have lost 14lbs on my own so far, and have another 14lbs to lose, but I am really really struggling now and think I need the extra support!

I really really really love food! it is a struggle everyday not to go and eat everything in the fridge! :( I'm getting married next year though and want to look amazing! I have never really been a thin person though!

I try to run a couple of times a week, and i cook 90% off my food from scratch, or eat it in its natural form.
    Weightloss: 18lbs/28lbs (Start weight: 11st, Current 9st 10)
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Meals going to be a bit variable for the next 2 days as I have 2 away days with work. Hard to plan when we don't know what they'll be feeding us!

Today:
    Breakfast: babybel, 2 nectarines, glass of fruit juice
    Lunch: ??
    Dinner: unplanned so far, will have to see what I fancy depending on what lunch is!
    Snacks: I've packed some hula hoops, a breakaway and a granola bar in my handbag, but we may get snacks as part of the day so may not eat them.
    Exercise: probably none, all day meeting!

Might not get on tomorrow, WAH in the morning and then team building event in the afternoon and evening so plan is:

Breakfast: toast and peanut butter, fruit juice, babybel
    Lunch: chicken and houmous wrap, fruit
    Snacks: whatever they give us at the event
    Dinner: 3 course meal, can't remember what I picked from the menu! :rotfl:
    Exercise: lots of running around apparently, we're doing a team building challenge based on I'm a Celebrity.....
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning Folks

A bit dull and grey again this morning but I’m forever hopeful so washing machine on in the hopes that I get the towels out and dry a bit later.

Meal plan for the day =
    B – Boiled Egg & oatcake
    L – Butternut squash soup, toast
    D - EllaRose’s Tomato & Courgette Gratin, h/g salad of radish, mixed salad leaves, sorrel :T
    S – Got loads of fruit to choose from – melon, strawbs, cherries, nectarines.
    Also emergency nibbles = water biscuits (only 22kcal per biscuit) had 2 yesterday with my evening cuppa – just enough to keep out of the fridge & biscuit cupboard.

Off to do session 2 of Shred, bra straps adjusted and tins of beans at the ready – I really must get some proper weights - payday for me tomorrow so will have a look for some when I’m in town.
    EllaRose wrote: »
    Thanks N2BT, I love the BBC Good Food website anyway so I'll have a look. I'm getting bored of the same old veg/chicken/tomato soup rotation.

Edit: Found it here!
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1974663/curried-squash-lentil-and-coconut-soup

Thats the one - its so smooth and creamy it feels quite indulgent.
    just got back from a day out at the seaside, so done loads of walking, but also had a couple treats too

B weetabix and milk
    L fish and chips, and an ice cream
    T chicken in batter and salad
    s strawberry yogurt

Ooh I'm so jealous - cant remember the last time I had proper chip shop fish & chips.
    mlarky wrote: »
    N2BT we have just put down some nematodes to ty and deal with our slugs. I'll post if they do the job.
    Mlarky

Thanks I will try anything - I saw a hedgehog in the garden last week and gave him a proper talking to about not doing his job properly :laugh:
  • fattybumble85
    Options
    Ragz - you've given me even more of a reason to get my copy of Shred out!! :j:wink:

*sneaks in, head hung in piggy shame*

Well, what a weekend I have had! Complete write off food and drink wise but I am more than ready for a complete detox now - well after I finish my birthday chocolate donut that I'm having with my mid morning coffee!

I won't go into the minutiae of my wicked ways but highlights have included -
    Pizza and smiley faces, bottle of Rose
    Armenian banquet, which was absolutely lush, followed by beer
    Wetherspoons breakfast
    Birthday cake for breakfast
    went mad at a new buffet in Manchester which has everything - sushi, Indian, Chinese, Teppanyaki, pizza, grills plus the best cake and dessert selection ever. Oh and followed by more booze whilst watching the Ireland match!

Looks terrible but you only get one birthday a year! I've just managed to stretch mine out to justify a weeks worth of pigginess!

I have pizza and bubbly planned for Thursday, Pizza Express birthday offer. Out tomorrow with my Mum but nothing too naughty, probably just grab a Subway as we're off to a gig.

I'm not hopeful for a good result on Friday but I have really enjoyed myself, I will deserve whatever gain I get but I'm now more than ready to start the battle again. 12 weeks until Turkey!
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tink - Great to see you back, I totally get how you feel, that's how I felt when my thyroid meds weren't high enough so I am glad to see you're going to be tested for that, could well have been the pill/hormones too. Hope you get sorted soon xx

N2BT - If you are looking for weights I would go for 1kg, I use 1.5kg weights and find them a tad too heavy for a few of the exercises, so I keep the canned goods nearby to switch to if I have to, though last session I did manage with the 1.5kg but only just!

DH said that his stomach muscles were feeling sore yesterday so the exercises must be working on him too, just got to keep him at it, he's easy to bribe though ;)

Must get my shred session in today, before lunch hopefully, need to distract DD while I do it or she tries to crawl between my legs and pick up the weights!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Been to see the doc this morning and although my thyroid test came back "normal" I am in the lower end of normal so he has upped my prescription slightly (to start Thursday ie at the end of this current strip of Thyroxine) so hopefully that will kick start the weight loss again :beer:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The_Dragon wrote: »
    Been to see the doc this morning and although my thyroid test came back "normal" I am in the lower end of normal so he has upped my prescription slightly (to start Thursday ie at the end of this current strip of Thyroxine) so hopefully that will kick start the weight loss again :beer:

So pleased for you! That is exactly what happened to me and a few weeks after the dose went up I feel great. The depression, lack of motivation and mood swings were driving me (not to mention DH) crazy! Really hope you feel better soon.

Just done day 5 of the Shred! It really is getting easier...
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure