A treehouse for the twins

Comments

• cookie9
    cookie9 Posts: 764 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi PrincessLou - great title and aim, I love treehouses.

Rain is a pain with little ones. We have been gluing and painting, making crepes, treasure hunts with backpacks and map around the house but TV is on now. Our new house rule is no TV during the week so a bit in the weekend isn't too bad.
    MFW 91 op 2014 £410/1000
    MFW 91 op 2015 £4051/4000
    MFW 91 op 2016 £4040/4000
    MFW 91 op 2017 £812/4500
  • PL I love the Twin Icecream and solero for Breakfast :rotfl:
    I'd have been the same to my DH
    Well done on the ebay sales, thats something I can't wait to get more time to do. Hoefully free up clutter and earn some ££

Cookies9 we have the no tv during the week rule too... I swear the kids are calmer because of it, although some days my parents do relent when they are looking after the kids, it must be exhausting for them at 67 and 73 years of age to look after 2 very active children.
    1.7.15: £157,469.64, 10.02.16: £93,434.74
    FIT-4 #34, MFW 2016 #89 (£7350/24000)
    Target MFW Dec 2018
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Welcome and best of luck on your journey, will be popping in again!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Hi Jodles :wave: Thanks for popping in!

Moved £500 into savings. Trying to get the savings account to a level I'm comfortable with before letting this money go to OPs. I reckon in six months this payment will be made to OPs instead.

At the moment OPs are made up of tidying bank accounts before and after payday, Ebaying, cashback and any other little bits of money that appear.

Ebay has come to a stand still at the moment. We had visitors yesterday and I've only got as far as making a list of items to sell next. I'm going to aim to get at least five items listed before the weekend.

I need to get moving on money making schemes this month as I still have to find £407.27 to OP by the 31st. :eek:
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • A very spendy weekend as the boiler decided to break on Friday evening :eek: £457 paid in repairs so looks like the majority of the £500 I just paid into savings will be on it's way out again :(

It could have been worse though - at first it looked like it had completely died, so was actually relieved when it was just a costly repair. A valve had gone so water had been leaking onto the boiler electrics :eek:

Payday on Friday so hoping to do a Tilly Tidy of the accounts mid-week to make some OPs.

Would have liked to have stayed in this afternoon, snuggled up on the sofa away from the cold and snow but have a feeling that the little ones will have other ideas :D This is the first time it has snowed that they are old enough to appreciate and enjoy it, so I am sure we will be going on a snow walk or something similar this afternoon.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • £47.96 Op sent after tidying up current account before DH payday tomorrow. I love tidying up pounds and pennies :D

This new MFW journey has really opened my eyes and made me wonder what we did with all these extra bits of money before we started OPing them. We aren't big shoppers but I do know that money has a habit of just disappearing, leaving us wondering where it all went, particularly as we don't have anything to show for it.
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • Had a lovely weekend out and about with the boys and DH. Lots of visiting new places, a very muddy walk at a national trust property, and singing jingle bells in the car (simply because the boys love singing along to it!). We had a free 2-night hotel stay with some points that DH has been collecting over the past year. He really is very good at collecting and maximising points schemes and it's something he enjoys.

However, I have discussed with DH that we are overspending (by a lot!) and was cross with DH for not taking it seriously. Every time he seems on board with keeping spends down, the next day he will be asking if he can spend money on something. Not sure how to handle this one, as he works hard and I want him to be able to buy what he wants, however, the budget that we have in place would work very well if we could just stick to it! :mad:

Once the mortgage, bills and direct debits have been paid, we then set aside a £600 budget to spend on a cashback credit card which is then paid in full every month. This £600 is to include food, petrol, clothes and any other bits and pieces we want. Considering that we spend £250 on food and around £100 on petrol, this leaves us with a nice £250 to spend on what we want. Sounds great, right? So why over the past six months have we spending almost £1000 a month? :eek:

Last time we did an audit of credit card spends we found a lot of additional top-up shops which we really need to cut out completely. I need to start making a list of what we have in the cupboards and freezer to save money and stop spending unnecessarily on food. Does anybody have a food shopping system that works well for them that they care to share?

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! :j
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • Hi Princess Lou, I have no suggestions about cutting grocery shop. We did our weekly shop and stocked up on toothpaste and other store cupboard essentials on Friday and we spent £80 and then DH spent another £20 in aldi. So £100 this weekend on food to last us for the week, £50 over our weekly£50 budget and the fridge looks very very empty again already. I need a system too!!

Your family weekend away sounds great, I wish DH was that savvy with reward points, deals and money in general.
    DH is the same in terms of being on board one minute and then suggesting we get take away or go for a meal out later on. I feel like a really moany wife when I have to say no xx
    Our youngest loves the Christmas songs too, although he cant say santa clause or father Christmas he calls him HOHO instead :rotfl:
    1.7.15: £157,469.64, 10.02.16: £93,434.74
    FIT-4 #34, MFW 2016 #89 (£7350/24000)
    Target MFW Dec 2018
  • Our youngest loves the Christmas songs too, although he cant say santa clause or father Christmas he calls him HOHO instead :rotfl:

:rotfl: I love this age. They say the funniest things and find the oddest things fascinating. Current fascination with ours is eyebrows....and counting them...on everybody :D:D:D
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • PrincessLou
    PrincessLou Posts: 503 Forumite
    edited 26 January 2016 at 2:24PM
    £26.75 payment received from Quidco and Op'd. Also, item sold and collected for £130. This amount will also by Op'd once I get the cash to the bank.

So for my mini January challenge that leaves me around £202 short. Added the boys double pushchair/travel system to Ebay last night for a lot more than this amount so I'm hoping it sells within the next 5 days so I can mark my challenge as complete. If it doesn't then I am going to find that £202 from somewhere...I just cannot fail my first ever mini challenge! :o
    Mortgage - £105,500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport