Try Me Free Hunt

Comments

• Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    djjunk wrote: »
    It is just the outer packaging (cardboard box) that needs to be sent; and not the bottles. It is pretty much like their last promo a few years back.

Hmmm it's all a bit too unclear to me...
    The print off form at the bottom says you need to save 50% of the bottles although doesn't clearly state they need to be returned?
    I'm confused 😖
  • m1kjm
    m1kjm Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    InA wrote: »
    Just passing though... haven't had time to catch up with the rest of the thread, but picked up on the above query and thought I'd investigate (so, apologies if this information has already been posted).

The full T&Cs (found at http://www.laroche-posay.co.uk/effaclar-terms-and-conditions) are as follows:

So the takeways are:

1. There is no requirement to sign up online. I'm guessing the form has been recycled from the previous campaign without being amended to reflect the new T&Cs. Indeed there appears to be no website to sign up to.

2. The full T&Cs seem pretty unequivocal about having to send at least 50% of unused product back with a postage cost (of up to £7.50) that will be reimbursed only under certain circumstances (see below).

3. In order to receive a refund of postage costs, you actually need to enclose your proof of posting! Not sure how this would be possible as you usually receive the receipt after the parcel is weighed / handed over. Not sure post office staff allow additional items to be added after this process. In any case, why would you enclose proof of posting inside the item that is being "insured" against being lost in the post. The postage labels or stamps should be sufficient proof of how much was spent on postage. It's unclear why L'oreal are requested this, aside from constructing hurdles to possibly put people off claiming.

There is a reviewer, on the Boots website, who I'm guessing fell foul of the onerous T&Cs by not sending the products back.

http://www.laroche-posay.co.uk/Resources/UK/Effaclar_Money_Back_Guarantee_2017.pdf

The form specifically states not to send the tubes back, so I'm going to get on and send mine back without the tubes and without registering and I'll report back.
  • InA
    InA Posts: 224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 March 2017 at 1:23AM
    A new one I think...

Access to the internet, original itemised till receipt and barcode from the box are required. Further details posted below.

https://www.chicagotowndoughback.com/
    UK, CI, & IoM residents, 18+. Purchase a Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ frozen pizza. To claim fill in online form stating in 15+ words why you were dissatisfied and mail in with receipt and packaging. Closes for receipt of claims 12th May 2017. One refund per household, max. refund £4.69 + postage [55p].
    Money Back Guarentee

Chicago Town - 'The Takeaway'

FAQs

If you have any questions regarding the Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Money Back Guarantee promotion please email us at [EMAIL="chicagotown@promotioncustomerservices.com"]chicagotown@promotioncustomerservices.com[/EMAIL].
    Q1: How do I enter?

To claim your money back, follow these simple steps:
    1. Purchase a pack of Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’, retain the till receipt and cut out the barcode area of your Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ packaging.
    2. Complete the application form found online at www.chicagotowndoughback.com and tell us in 15 words or more why you don’t think Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ delivers on its claim of the Ultimate Takeaway Taste.
    3. Submit the online application form. A unique claim reference number will be issued to you once the form has been submitted. This reference number will start with the letters ‘CT’ followed by an 8-digit number sequence. A copy of your completed claim form, including your claim reference number will also be sent to you by email.
    4. Print out the completed application form from the website or email. If you don’t have a printer, please provide the following details on a plain piece of paper, written clearly in block capitals: your full name, address, postcode, telephone number, claim reference number [which will be provided to you having completed Step C, above.]
    5. Send your completed application form along with the original itemised till receipt and the barcode area from the packaging to the following address:
      Chicago Town Guarantee
      PO BOX 1080
      Hemel Hempstead
      HP1 1GW
    6. Make a note of your reference number, as this may be required for any further correspondence.
    Applications must be received by 12th May 2017.
    Q2: Can I claim my money back if I bought my Chicago Town 'The Takeaway' online?

Yes, if you have purchased your Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ from an online retailer, please follow the steps in Question 1 above, but include your itemised delivery receipt when sending in your application form and cut-out barcode area of the packaging
    Q3: Do I need to keep my till receipt?

Yes, you will need to send us your original itemised till receipt in order to claim your money back. Photocopied till receipts will not be accepted. Please note receipts cannot be returned.
    Q4: Do I need to keep my Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ box?

You do not need to retain the whole box, but you will need to cut out the barcode area from box and send this section along with your application form and original itemised till receipt to claim your money back. The barcode can be found on the side of the box.
    Q5: Do I need to use the internet to claim my money back?

Yes, you will need to log onto www.chicagotowndoughback.com to complete and print out the form, which is required to claim your money back.
    Q6: Do I need a printer to claim my money back?

No. If you do not have a printer, please provide the following details on a plain piece of paper, written clearly in block capitals: your full name, address, postcode, telephone number, claim reference number [which will be provided to you having completed Step C, above] and post it, along with the original itemised till receipt and cut-out of the barcode area of the pack to: Chicago Town Guarantee, PO BOX 1080, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 1GW
    If you complete the online form and do not have immediate printer access, you will be able to print the form at another more convenient time by clicking on the link in the confirmation email that will be sent to the email address you provided.
    Q7: When do I have to submit my application by?

Q8: Which Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ are featured in the promotion?

The following products are included in this offer (subject to availability, whilst stocks last):
    • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Medium Stuffed Crust Four Cheese Melt
    • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Medium Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Plus
    • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Medium Stuffed Crust Sloppy Joe
    • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Medium Classic Crust Cajun Chicken
    • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Large Classic Crust Barbeque Feast
    • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Large Classic Crust Four Cheese Melt
    • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Large Classic Crust Chicken & Bacon Melt
    • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Large Stuffed Crust Four Cheese Melt
    • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Large Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Plus
    • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Large Stuffed Crust Ltd Edition Pulled Buffalo Chicken
    • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Large Stuffed Crust Ltd Edition Beef Brisket
    • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Large Classic Crust American Hot
    Q9: How many times can I enter?

The promotion is limited to one application per household. No bulk or third party applications will be accepted.
    Q10: Who can enter the promotion?

The promotion is open to United Kingdom, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man residents’ aged 18 or over. Offer is not open to employees and their families of Dr Oetker Ltd, its agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
    Q11. How much will I be refunded?

You will be refunded the amount you paid for your Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ (as shown on your till receipt) up to a maximum of £4.69. Where packs are sold as part of a multi-pack or price promotion offer, refunds will be given for the cost of a single pack purchase.
    We will also refund postage up to 55p (2nd class post)
    Q12: How will I receive my refund?

Refunds will be sent in the form of a cheque made payable to the original claimant within 28 days.
    Q13. Do I have to pay postage to claim my money back?

You will need to cover the upfront cost of posting your money back claim in by whichever method you prefer, however we will refund postage up to 55p (standard 2nd class post)
    Q14: Where can I find the promotional Terms & Conditions?

Please view our Terms & Conditions.
    Q15. Will my personal information be safely kept only with Dr Oetker?

We do not pass on your information to third parties and we will not send you any unwanted correspondence. For more information about how we store and use your data, please view our Privacy Policy.
    Q16. Will I be able to view the site on my mobile?

You will be able to submit your money back claim on a mobile or tablet device, however, in order to print your application form, you will need to be connected to a printer. Your completed application form will be emailed to you to print at a convenient time.
    TERMS AND CONDITIONS

The promoter:
    Dr. Oetker
    Centrum
    4600 Park Approach
    Thorpe Park
    Leeds
    LS15 8GB

These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Participant instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.

1. Eligibility: The Chicago Town ‘Takeaway’ Money Back Guarantee is open to United Kingdom, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man residents aged 18 or over, except employees of Chicago Town or Dr Oetker UK Ltd. and their families, its agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
    2. Internet access required.
    3. Promotional Period: The Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Money Back Guarantee opens 6th February 2017. The last date for receipt of applications is 12th May 2017. Any applications received after this date will not be valid.
    4. Chicago Town products included in this offer (subject to availability, whilst stocks last) are:
      • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Medium Stuffed Crust Sloppy Joe
      • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Medium Classic Crust Cajun Chicken
      • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Large Classic Crust Barbeque Feast
      • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Large Classic Crust Four Cheese Melt
      • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Large Classic Crust Chicken & Bacon Melt
      • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Large Stuffed Crust Four Cheese Melt
      • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Large Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Plus
      • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Large Stuffed Crust Ltd Edition Pulled Buffalo Chicken
      • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Large Stuffed Crust Ltd Edition Beef Brisket
      • Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Large Classic Crust American Hot
    5. To claim your money back:
      • Purchase any Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ frozen pizza from the selection listed in Point 4 during the promotional period and retain the till receipt and packaging.
      • Complete the online application form at www.chicagotowndoughback.comand tell us in 15 words or more why you don’t think Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ delivers on its claim of the Ultimate Takeaway Taste.
      • Submit the online application form. A unique claim reference number will be issued to you once the form has been submitted. This reference number will start with the letters ‘CT’ followed by an 8-digit number sequence. A copy of your completed claim form, including your claim reference number will also be sent you by email.
      • Print out the completed application form from the website. If you do not have a printer, please make a note of your claim reference number and then follow the instructions in Point 6 below.
      • Cut out the barcode area of your Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ packaging, along with your original itemised till receipt, plus your completed application form and send to the following address:
        Chicago Town Guarantee
        PO BOX 1080
        Hemel Hempstead
        HP1 1GW
    6. Applicants that do not have a printer need to:
      • Complete steps 5a and 5b above.
      • On a plain piece of paper, write clearly in block capitals your full name, address, postcode, telephone number, claim reference number [which will be provided to you having completed Step 5c above] and tell us in 15 words or more why you don’t think Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ delivers on its claim of the Ultimate Takeaway Taste.
      • Cut out the barcode area of your Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ packaging, along with your original itemised till receipt, plus the details noted down above [6b] and send to the following address: Chicago Town Guarantee
        PO BOX 1080
        Hemel Hempstead
        HP1 1GW
    7. If you have purchased your Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ from an online retailer, please include your delivery receipt when sending in your application form and the barcode areas of the packaging.
    8. Refunds will be given based on the price shown on the itemised till receipt. Where packs are sold as part of a price promotion offer [for example ‘two for one’] refunds will be given for the cost of a single pack purchase. This offer does not affect your statutory rights.
    9. Claimants will receive a full refund to the maximum purchase price of £4.69, plus 55p 2nd class postage refund.
    10. The Chicago Town ‘The Takeaway’ Money Back Guarantee is limited to one application per household over the promotional period. No bulk or third party applications will be accepted.
    11. Claimants must submit their claims with sufficient value of postage. A claim submitted without sufficient value for postage will not be accepted.
    12. Failure to complete all the relevant steps detailed above will result in your application being invalid.
    13. Receipts cannot be returned and photocopies will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for applications lost, delayed or damaged in the post. Till receipts must not be altered or tampered. If they are, the receipt will be deemed as invalid. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt. Illegible applications will not be processed.
    14. Full refunds will be made as a cheque to the name of the person given on the application form. Please allow 28 days for delivery of your cheque.
    15. Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party (other than to service this promotion) without the individual’s prior consent.
    16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all applications including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
    17. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
    18. The interpretation and application of these terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
    19. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
  • InA
    InA Posts: 224 Forumite
    Africat wrote: »
    Hmmm it's all a bit too unclear to me...
    The print off form at the bottom says you need to save 50% of the bottles although doesn't clearly state they need to be returned?
    I'm confused ��

I personally think they've messed up with the form. The title of the webpage hosting the form starts "Corrected MBG Form_2". Obviously attention to detail was lacking when they "corrected" it.
    m1kjm wrote: »
    http://www.laroche-posay.co.uk/Resources/UK/Effaclar_Money_Back_Guarantee_2017.pdf

The form specifically states not to send the tubes back, so I'm going to get on and send mine back without the tubes and without registering and I'll report back.

I suppose as you've already purchased and used the product, you have nothing to lose in trying that approach and you can obviously argue the point that the instuctions on their form explicitly advises against sending the sending the tubes back. Good luck!
  • Africat
    I personally think they've messed up with the form. The title of the webpage hosting the form starts "Corrected MBG Form_2". Obviously attention to detail was lacking when they "corrected" it.

I suppose as you've already purchased and used the product, you have nothing to lose in trying that approach and you can obviously argue the point that the instuctions on their form explicitly advises against sending the sending the tubes back. Good luck!

Think you're right about the form error, looks clear from the amended t's & c's since they did the last one that the contents also have to be returned this time.

Agree nothing to lose if youve already purchased it but i personally don't think I'll bother this time round as seems like a lot of faffing about if you only get to keep half, although you'd gain a fair few Boots advantage card points out of it i suppose.
    They're prob wising up to people who just resell on EBay by request half to be returned...
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hope you've both received your refunds by now!
    Nope :mad:
    Thanks for asking though :)
  • *LoopyLaura*
    *LoopyLaura* Posts: 498 Forumite
    Imedeen refund finally received today..... that's after I had my application rejected as I sent them the packets for a 1 month supply and a 2 month (you had to buy 3 months total), and they sent it all back to me saying that I hadn't purchased 3 months...... worrying that they can't count to 3, but cheque received now!
  • Africat
    Still waiting for Maybelline to get in touch with me about the foundation refund; anyone else?
  • m1kjm
    m1kjm Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Africat wrote: »
    Still waiting for Maybelline to get in touch with me about the foundation refund; anyone else?

Yes, still waiting.
  • Africat
    Received my Colgate refund this morning.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback