Have grasped the nettle..........now to deal with the ensuing rash

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Happy belated anniversary Ig... I reckon I have just passed a 'supposed LBM' anniversary of around 13 years so I feel positively glued to these threads ;)

And love the description of your garden...hope it's still lovely and sunny and not too much rain
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I have worked out I need 360 lots of £50 and that will clear the debt, overdraft and a couple of outstanding bills...........was doing the colouring of squares 1% a time but got bored with that so now the challenge is to attack by throwing £50 lumps of cash at it - that will include anything I make through sales/surveys/etc , over payments which I make everyday and the regular payments which are all above the minimum. Just a silly challenge for myself to keep me interested/motivated;) Will back date to 1.10.16.........
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Igamogam
    Y*ur S8y P*ys have paid out £20 - had a flurry of little surveys at the end which added up nicely:j Now working towards the next £20. Will do an add up soon to see how many £50 rocks I have collected so far this month. It will be towards end of weekend as between now and then I am busy busy busy...........

OH going away today for month on yet another 'trip of a lifetime' Although this time DD1 is going with him. I think he believes he is a cat and has more than one lifetime:mad: I have a few things to get straight which will take some time ( not least the debt) but I am building up to one of my own I hope........or something:D:D His last trip was a new kitchen and this time its a solid wood floor in LR oh and some other house bits he doesnt know about yet;)

Right busy few days starts now!
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
  • Igamogam
    Right 10 days off work.............no excuses. I am pretty much home alone :j and apart form a hair appt a doc appt and taking a friend, who is recovering from an accident, out to lunch I am free and feel the best I have been for a long time............diagnosed 2 years ago with an autoimmune disorder which kinda strips you of your focus and energy.............have taken the treatment of it into my own hands as frankly the NHS is useless on this one and I am beginning to reap the benefits......no crashes and a clear head :0 Long may it last :D

So plans this week, without interruptions or feeling guilty I need to give something/someone my undivided attention are, a big house tidy up - let it slide these last 2 weeks as busy else where and life is just to short to fret about dust. Putting the garden to bed for the winter - greehouse still churning out tomatoes, aubergines,cucumbers and chillies but I think I will call time on them now. A good financial review - big spend coming up but its all saved for :) And the weather looks fab for the next few days :D
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Enjoy your time off work. Having had a brief discussion re certain condition before I think that we may be both following the same treatment:D I feel privileged that I am able to do so, many who would benefit do not have the confidence to or the funds to afford it.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Have a good break Igamogam
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Igamogam
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Enjoy your time off work. Having had a brief discussion re certain condition before I think that we may be both following the same treatment:D I feel privileged that I am able to do so, many who would benefit do not have the confidence to or the funds to afford it.

And I just hope coming out of the EU wont put a stop to it all.......or at the very best make it ridiculously expensive:eek:
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Igamogam wrote: »
    And I just hope coming out of the EU wont put a stop to it all.......or at the very best make it ridiculously expensive:eek:

My thoughts exactly, does seem to have quite long use by dates, must check around on some of the threads elsewhere to see what dates people's latest deliveries are and try and keep a bit ahead of myself:D Wouldn't solve the problem, but might be useful if costs rise.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello Igamogam,
    I've forgotten all the welsh I learnt in your back garden, so thought I'd drop in for a refresher!
    Am intrigued re: self managing/NHS issues - does that mean complementary/herbal route? My last appointment left a bit to be desired...

NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Igamogam
    edited 20 November 2016 at 3:19PM
    Uuurgh. RL getting in the way:o The Idiot in Charge is unfortunately experiencing some serious RL domestic issues of their own so I am having to step into the breach , alongside doing my own job and no equivalent remuneration :mad: Future is not looking good either at the moment - cuts cuts and more cuts:(

Hello Igamogam,
    I've forgotten all the welsh I learnt in your back garden, so thought I'd drop in for a refresher!
    Am intrigued re: self managing/NHS issues - does that mean complementary/herbal route? My last appointment left a bit to be desired...

NOA
    x

Bore da Noa :)

I spent a year researching my diagnosis - sounded something insignificant at the time but the more I read the more I realised just how misdiagnosed, poorly treated, misunderstood,serious and... err...life limiting this condition is. Also can be hereditary:eek: The 3 times a year treatment I was receiving was not going to cut it for me. I wanted my life back and it was slowly slipping away. It was not down to lifestyle,job,age but the NHS not treating as per their own guidelines:eek: So I persuaded my GP to up the treatment to 6 times a year and even that made little difference. I took a leap of faith and used the internet to get the info I needed. read lots of real life stories and started treating myself. I get what need The Big River here and abroad - the exact same stuff which I get from GP which costs the NHS about 69p per treatment........ so now I am in control and healing.........lots of people with this condition have damage beyond repair........I feel fortunate and can now see I am getting my life back. No complimentary/ herbal route just conventional treatment that if I lived in most other European countries I could buy like we buy paracetamol - which is a dangerous drug:eek::eek:

Sorry used too many :eek::eek::eek: s But it just demonstrates how I felt when I was researching all this :p
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback