My Sisters Bank Won't Let her release My Inheritance To Me-Please Help.

Comments

• Annbarbs, you have come on to these forums asking for help and advice, which is free and lots of people have come on here to try to help and support you.
    Your solicitor is giving you the same answers, but that is costing you money. Going to court is going to cost money. If you sack this solicitor and appoint another, it will cost you more still.

Why not take the advice we are all giving you, for free.
    Register with a GP.
    Do all you can to get support for your MH needs.
    Be patient for your money. You will get it eventually.

Try to get some other interests. Do some voluntary work. Meet other people.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 October 2016 at 4:17PM
    And no. I have not gone to look for a GP today because I was phoning my Housing association to tell the about the leak on the roof.
    The Man I spoke to from the HA repairs department was very nice to me.
    Sorry but that did not take all day. It is difficult to see it as anything but just another excuse for not getting help.

No is doesn't.

The truth is I don't wanna go.
    Because I am afraid of what the new GP Surgery and GP will be like.
    That's why I keep on putting off registering with a GP.
    And the thought of going there makes me feel sick to be honest.
    That's why I don't want to go.

But it is now 4pm afternoon so I think it is too late to go to a GP surgery today.
    And the 2 surgeries that claim to cover my area are only open util 12 noon tomorrow as Thursday is their half day.
    So I probably won't be able to get down there until Friday.

Also they won't let you see a GP if you are not registered.
    To see a doctor you first have to register and to do this most NHS Gp Surgeries ask you to show them proof of ID,(passport, Drivers Licence or Birth certificate or other ID) and proof of address before they will register you.

And they won't let you se a GP right away, most surgeries as a new patient you have to first see the nurse for a medical before they will let you see a GP.

So even if I did register with a GP today, I would probably have to wait 2 weeks before I saw the nurse for the new patient medical.
    Then another 2 weeks after that before I saw the GP, because most NHS surgeries never giver you appointments right away, unless it is an emergency.
    That in itself is another thing that puts me off of registering with a GP.

Also I have spent all my time on getting my inheritance and so the last thing on my mind is a GP.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    annbarbs wrote: »
    The truth is I don't wanna go.
    Because I am afraid of what the new GP Surgery and GP will be like.
    That's why I keep on putting off registering with a GP.
    And the thought of going there makes me feel sick to be honest.
    That's why I don't want to go.
    Don't be afraid. The worst, the absolute worst that can happen is that you don't like the GP you register with. In which case, you can ask to see a different doctor at the practice, and if that doesn't work out, there are still 2 other practices in your area you can try. But the chances are the GP you register with will be lovely.
    So why not just bit the bullet and go and get registered tomorrow morning?
    Think how much better you will feel when it's done and one less thing for you to worry about.
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My GP is open till 6, the last appointment is 5.45pm.

It mightn't be too late, have a look on their website, or ring.

Please OP, I know its scary, but you can't carry on like this, can you? Go and get some help.
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 19 October 2016 at 4:36PM
    Ann

The first thing you need to say to the receptionist is something along the lines of

" I have some HM issues, it has taken a lot for me to get myself here today, I am scared and worried. My last GPs closed down and I am nervous about registering with another one"

Even better write/type it down and hand it to the receptionist so no one else needs to hear what you say.

If you don't tell them of your fears/issues when you first arrive they will not know you need to be treated extra kindly.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    annbarbs wrote: »
    Also I have spent all my time on getting my inheritance and so the last thing on my mind is a GP.

You have done nothing to get your inheritance, you're going to get it anyway, but you will have to wait, and it's not going to happen until your sister is out of hospital.

In the meantime, concentrate on going to a GP.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ann

The first thing you need to say to the receptionist is something along the lines of

" I have some HM issues, it has taken a lot for me to get myself here today, I am scared and worried. My last GPs closed down and I am nervous about registering with another one"

Even better write/type it down and hand it to the receptionist so no one else needs to hear what you say.

If you don't tell them of your fears/issues when you first arrive they will not know you need to be treated extra kindly.

This is a fantastic idea, definitely do this.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Ann

Yes that's exactly what I want to tell them.
    I want to go up to the surgery in person.
    That way I can get an idea what they are like.

If the receptionist seems rude or I don't like the feel of the place, I can just walk out and go to another surgery.

And as you say even if I do register with the GP and they are not helpful, I can always find another GP surgery.

I have got at least 3 choices.
    The Choice of 3 GP Surgeries is not much but it's better than none and I only need 1 GP.
    And you are right that I won't know if the GP is okay or not if I don't go there.

You have done nothing to get your inheritance, you're going to get it anyway, but you will have to wait, and it's not going to happen until your sister is out of hospital.

In the meantime, concentrate on going to a GP.

No I have not.

All I have done is get myself a Solicitor but there is nothing else I can do.
    Except to wait for all of this to be sorted out with my sister and if not my Solicitor will intervene.
    But as my sister has only been ill a few weeks there is nothing he can do.

Because no court is going to do anything at the moment, because it is too early time. And my sister could get better.
    So I have to wait and see what happens.
    But that could take weeks or even a few months.

So I have to accept that I cannot get my inheritance now.
    And I cannot move until I do.
    So I will have to put my plans to move on hold now.
    And wait until after I get my inheritance, then I can make my plans to move.

But I cannot move at the moment because I am on benefits with little savings.
    So I am not in the position to move and won't be until I get my inheritance.

So I have to accept that I am going to have to live here for at least a few more months and will have to make the best of it.
    But I cannot go without a GP for months and months.
    So I have got to get one I know.
    I am going to need a GP whether I move or not.

Even if I did have my inheritance now, I probably would not find a flat right away.
    Because even with money it's not so easy to find private rented accommodation.
    So I will still need to have a GP in the meantime.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Attagirl!!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    This is going to sound very harsh, and no doubt I shall be flamed for this but I do think it has to be said.

Annabarbs - I understand only too well the difficulties of mental health problems - but you have to appreciate that having mental health difficulties does not become a magic key to everybody understanding your problems and bending over backwards to make your life easy. The world does not revolve around you and your problems.

You are creating problems, you are unappreciative of others' problems - do you not think that the sister who is not in hospital is frantic about the situation? Your solicitor will have other clients too, with problems just as important as yours. You have not expressed any concernfor your sister and her health - the fact that she is in hospital says that her problems are serious. The fact that you cannot bring yourself to register with a doctor says to me that you do not want to face your problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure