Glasses Deals Discussion

Comments

• They always seem to do really good offers.
  • mondello wrote: »
    I ordered mine 31s August. It said there was an expected delivery date of 13th Sept.

Mine were due on 7th but had not arrived. Spent 30mins holding on phone today only to be told they were out of stock and will not be getting any in. Offered money back or alternative.

Leaving it up to the customer to find out about stock issues even 2 days after anticipated delivery date is pretty unspectacular.
  • Irony
    Irony Posts: 768 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 September 2011 at 9:40PM
    Mine came 8/9/11. I paid for them 25/8/11. Very pleased with quailty & packaging i.e Hard shiny red case,soft bag, mini screwdriver & posted in cardboard box. Ty for post. X
  • My two pairs came on Monday and I love them. Very impressed overall.
  • Got mine on Tuesday, am really impressed too. I do wish they'd made it clearer that they were coming from overseas and that the delivery would therefore take some time because if I hadn't come on here to check other posts then I'd have assumed they were lost in the post, but they sent me a survey link earlier and I told them that directly. I'm not annoyed about how long they took, just wish I'd known so I wasn't worried.

Overall though, will definitely be keeping an eye out for another offer so I can get a pair with tinted lenses for next summer - just in case we get some sunshine for a change. And might well get another pair just for wearing - because when they're £200+ from the optician then I'm only ever going to have one pair of specs, but if they're £29 then there's a real temptation to have a pair for every occasion. :rotfl:
  • Just tried flo22's SAVE29UK code and it gave me a discount when buying one pair. I wouldn't have bought these glasses for £48, but they're a bargain at £18.26!
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Do be careful with those screwdrivers! I had a customer in today screaming abuse at me because I coukdnt fix his glasses that he'd scratched trying to put a new nose pad into. Apparently I should be able to polish scratches out and they never fit anyway because they slid down his nose too much. Told him not my problem as he didn't buy them from me.

I don't mind people buying online, I did once as a student but a lot of opticians won't fix internet glasses even if the repair is possible.
  • flo22
    flo22 Posts: 332 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Kisscass wrote: »
    Just tried flo22's SAVE29UK code and it gave me a discount when buying one pair. I wouldn't have bought these glasses for £48, but they're a bargain at £18.26!

Did not think to try it on one pair, well done
    30+ years working in banking
  • I'm still waiting for an order I placed on August 25th. Those of you who've already received your orders, did you order before or after this date please?
    I ordered 24/8, they not bothered to tell me on ordering, its coming from Canada! I thought it was Uk and would be quick. I have been given £15 back as I have waited and am likely to continue to as well. I paid more for special postage but seems to be on the whenever delivery. Also I had to take out insurance and this was not seen until into the order process. I have to cross my fingers and hope I get them, needed urgently too...
  • jbro wrote: »
    Have had an email from Lensway which explaisn why we're waiting a while and can't track our deliveries.

'Thanks for your inquiry. Your package was posted on 8/29. Since you selected only Priority mail, no further tracking information is available. Please note that glasses are shipped from our optical lab in Vancouver, Canada; as such it can take 10-15 business days to arrive overseas.'

I think delivery from Canada was out of order, if I had known this I'd never have bothered. Some have their glasses, others don't, like myself. I need them urgently and Aug 24th was date I placed order. Told today, coming from Vancouver! I'm told:
    "Due to recent equipment issues and technical difficulties, we have been experiencing longer delays to complete orders. We have dispatched the package from Vancouver, Canada, via regular shipping. It takes 6-13 working days to have the package delivered. The delivery should be done by October 6, 2011 at the latest.

I paid more than regular shipping... it will be over 6 weeks when I get them...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure