Data controller for Lloyds TSB

Okay, I'm trying to clean up my credit file post BR and I need some help with the address for the data controller for Lloyds TSB.

The account is related to a personal loan NOT a bank account. When I search http://www.ico.gov.uk/ESDWebPages/search.asp for Lloyds TSB it comes up with 27 different possible ones, most are clearly not relevant, but its not clear (to me at least) which one is the data controller for Lloyds TSB personal loans?

Experian have been trying to clean up things for me, but Lloyds have come back and said for me to contact them direct. Experian have told me to write to them at Lloyds TSB: CDR Data Quality Team, Queens Road Quadrant, 1-5, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XJ. However, the clean up sticky on this forum states that you must contact the Data Controller and the address from Experian is different to any on the ICO website. Can someone tell me which address I should use?

Comments

• I would just send the same letter to both addresses :)
  • WLITC
    WLITC Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Well I did consider that but then I thought that might confuse them. So if I was to send them to both, the question still is what address (based on finding one for the ICO site) do I use. The standard one for Lloyds TSB appears to be :-

25 GRESHAM STREET
    LONDON
    EC2V 7HN

But I'm unclear as to whether this applies to their personal loan accounts or whether this just relates to bank accounts?

BTW, how important is it to send the letters "Recorded Signed For"? I ask because its a bit of a pain to get to the Post Office at the moment, so I'd probably have to wait a couple of days to mail them.
  • Ineedaname
    Ineedaname Posts: 3,658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I agree with Cookie, no harm in sending to both addresses, at least one should be right and you would hope the wrong one would forward your letter to the right one anyway.

It's best to send Recorded as then you have proof of posting and can check it was received. If you need to escalate this to a complaint then you have all the proof you need.

Another couple of days won't hurt.
    When I joined, I needed a name. The forum members gave one to me...I am INAN :D
    "Fortunes ebb and flow and a boat must move with the tide and be thankful that it floats." Judith Allnatt
  • dogga62
    dogga62 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Hi,
    Hope this helps.
    I had a current account overdraft, credit card and personal loan with Lloyds TSB included in my bankruptcy. I sent a letter in for each of them to the address you have quoted two weeks ago. I received a letter from the data controller yesterday saying that these were being dealt with now and should be updated within two weeks. He also sent back my original letters!
    So you should be ok sending it to that address.
    All the best.
    Dave

Just to clarify, I used the 25 Gresham Street address for all 3.
  • Doucam
    Doucam Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    I sent mine to Gresham Street and they have been updated so it must be the right one!
  • Ineedaname
    Ineedaname Posts: 3,658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Gresham Street is Head Office so they should know where to send any post which they receive. I do remember sending complaints there in the past, but that was to several Directors to make sure I got a response.;) Think I eventually got a response from a chap in Cardiff!
    When I joined, I needed a name. The forum members gave one to me...I am INAN :D
    "Fortunes ebb and flow and a boat must move with the tide and be thankful that it floats." Judith Allnatt
  • dojoman
    dojoman Posts: 12,027 Forumite
    Yep, Gresham street is the one to send it to.
    :pB&SC No. 298
    Life`s Tragedy is that we get OLD too soon
    and WISE too late!
  • WLITC
    Thanks for all the replies guys, I think I'll just send it to the address above then.
  • still wait for lloyds to update my record!! from feb
  • WLITC
    still wait for lloyds to update my record!! from feb
    Did you send them the template letter to the Gresham Street address above? I posted my letter exactly a week ago (16th) and I've checked my credit file today and they have corrected already (marked as settled, zero balance, default marked as BR date). Can't believe they sorted it so quickly. I'm so excited as it now means that the only outstanding one to get sorted is my MBNA account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure