Natwest aghhhhhbb

So I've been sorting the morgage out for lets see 8 weeks now. Nat west after I had paid a phenomenal amount for some bloke to walk around the house for 10 mins and point out things we knew about. Only yo demand a damp and timber survey.
Survey done. Broker Send a it back to bank. Who do nothing for 3 extra weeks. A follow up last week showed that someone had deleted our action and the survey results hadnt bewn sent to l and g. This is done. Then an extra week Nat west tell my broker the offer is on its way. That was Thursday so I chase thwm up today. Turns out they are not prepared to offer unless the damp worknis done first.
This hasn't helped my anxiety. My buyer is ready to complete. I'm scared they won't offer me the morgage once the work is done. Can they do that. Theybare sending instructions what we need to do. I cant afford to lose this buyer. But I also can't afford to lose the morgage. Once this is done I will never move again. :mad:
ONE HOUSE , DS+ DD Missymoo Living a day at a time and getting through this mess you have created.
One day life will have no choice but to be nice to me :rotfl:

Comments

• anselld
    anselld Posts: 8,262
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    This is mortgage survey on house you are trying to buy?
    How can they be sending you instructions on what to do to a house you don,t yet own? You cannot in practice do remedial work until after completion.
  • dizzybuff
    dizzybuff Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Its my mums house , so I have access to the house . they are aware its a family memebers . Ive had information it is now with the underwriters.
    ONE HOUSE , DS+ DD Missymoo Living a day at a time and getting through this mess you have created.
  • If it is your mum's house and you are worried about losing your buyer could you move in with your mum and complete on your sale
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • dizzybuff
    Im worried once the works are done they wont give me a morgage. The valuer was horrid. Plus im a worrier.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    dizzybuff wrote: »
    The valuer was horrid.

Was the surveyor allowed to get on with their job. Or did you follow them around. Asking questions.
  • Dolly123
    Dolly123 Posts: 189 Forumite
    That sounds a right ball ache! My Natwest application was fab for us application to offer in 11 days!
  • I went from app to offer in 5 days with NATWEST, found them very efficient.
  • dizzybuff
    Mum left the surveryer too it as he creeped her out . he was in the house 10 mins so was left to do his job .
    Natwest were brilliant on my first mortgage with them , this one not so much , the fact they lost our action and forgot to send it to l and g has held us back 3 weeks.

Now have to do the works before they will approve the mortgage and the valuer has to go back . to be fair he had travelled for 2 hours to get to mums for 10am so he was probably peed off.
  • dizzybuff
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Was the surveyor allowed to get on with their job. Or did you follow them around. Asking questions.

Nope was left to do his job , he was in the house 10 mins.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport