Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Just switched today to Avro, hoping that if I supply regular meter readings it works out well.
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    My switch to Avro fully completes tomorrow - just need to provide the meter readings for the switch, which I'll do tomorrow.

There have been no hitches - so far, so good :)
  • buzzard
    buzzard Posts: 227 Forumite
    I've moved from Avro to Ovo Energy's two year fixed rate deal.

Quote was pennies dearer than Avro, however, cashback incentives countered that.

I've gone the other way (Ovo to Avro) because of Ovo appalling customer service (Ombudsman just ordered them to compensate me). I can only advise you to screen shot readings (they denied having some of mine, I had luckily kept some of their emails confirming they had them ), keep every email you receive and if you need to call them tape the call.
  • N26
    N26 Posts: 1 Newbie
    A bit of a disaster. Switched, but they took an age to answer email enquiries. Kept asking for additional info after I'd answered their initial questions. Had to chase the Welcome Pack. Finally, as still in the cooling off period, cancelled the switch today. No wonder people are put off changing supplier.
  • I switched to Avro Energy last month and everything went through without a hitch. The savings over my old British Gas dual fuel tariff are significant. I haven't had cause to contact Avro yet but I do not have any reason to think that communication would be any less comfortable than the switch.
    I like the fact that I get a good dual fuel rate but I am not tied in to a long contract, that will allow me to keep an eye out for better deals if they appear.
    The only draw back at the moment is that although British Gas have acknowledged that I have a credit balance on both my gas and electricity accounts they haven't refunded the money, until they do I cannot close my account with them.
  • I switched to Avro Energy last month and everything went through without a hitch. ........

.........The only draw back at the moment is that although British Gas have acknowledged that I have a credit balance on both my gas and electricity accounts they haven't refunded the money, until they do I cannot close my account with them.

Just out of interest, how many days/weeks now since your switch date have BG held onto your credit?
  • For me too early to say as I only started the switch about a month ago and the supply was switched 2 days after the collective ended.
    Still waiting for the promised Welcome Pack so don't know if this is important or not.
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Best Buy Bear
    My "Welcome pack" came within minutes of finishing the phone call to AVRO to request the switch to them. It arrived by email as a PDF attachment.
  • happyflower123
    happyflower123 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 12 October 2017 at 9:58PM
    I switched to Avro back in February this year following a prompt from MSE Energy Forum that I was paying too much with my existing supplier. The switch was effortless. Having received a new prompt from MSE Energy Forum this week, I made an email enquiry yesterday about switching to Avro's new and cheaper tariff Simple and Superior. Avro were very responsive to my request and transferred my account to the cheaper rate today. Overall I am delighted with their customer service and competitive rates.
  • I had no problems when I switched and did indeed get cheap electricity. My fixed term ended and I switched away from Avro in September. The switch date was 21st September.

Avro took the direct debit on 1st October and have advised me the final bill can take up to 8 weeks (WEEKS!).

I have not encountered this time delay before. Is this normal?

Based on the final reading they owe me £125.

Dare I say if my account was not in credit the final bill would come much faster...
    :mad:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure