TSB to Lloyds payment missing?

I had a predated £600 payment set to go from my TSB Plus account to my Club Lloyds account today.

It's left TSB but not arrived in my Lloyds a/c.

As it seems to have gone as 'BP' rather than 'FPI' (maybe because it was set up a few days ago and predated), maybe it takes longer to get recorded at Lloyds? It's a saved payment, so no error possible in keying the bank details.

I'll give it a little longer before ringing them but wondered if this was usual? I've done in before and can't remember it taking longer.

Comments

• It doesn't have to arrive until tomorrow night.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I thought that was just to cover themselves where some banks aren't using Faster Payments fully. In practice, with all the banks I use, predated payments have always been processed over the previous night and been in the right account first thing.

But I see, when making a payment, the wording is, 'the money will be with your recipient within 1 working day'.

I wonder if Lloyds can tell me its progress? I doubt TSB would be able to. Otherwise I shall need to cover my debit balance before close of play today.
  • Biggles
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It seems Lloyds do have a problem this morning with a small number of transactions and she reckons it should be sorted within a couple of hours.
  • kkgree1
    kkgree1 Posts: 328
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Problems with TSB standing orders/direct debits too this morning as my husband's business salaries have not reached his employees yet (TSB Business account). Apparently they're aware of the problem and he's been told they should fix it in a couple of hours!
    Mortgage free wannabe
    Mortgage (November 2010) £135,850
    Mortgage (November 2020) £4,784
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,133
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    About 30 minutes ago I sent a payment of £3200 from Lloyds Club to Santander account ready for tomorrow's RS funding and it arrived within 10 minutes.
  • Biggles
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Still nothing. I'll give it another couple of hours. I guess theoretically I've got till midnight(?) to fund the account to avoid overdraft charges but I wouldn't like to go past 4pm.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    badger09 wrote: »
    About 30 minutes ago I sent a payment of £3200 from Lloyds Club to Santander account ready for tomorrow's RS funding and it arrived within 10 minutes.

Are you showing off or just loaded?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Have TSB moved off of Lloyds platform for payments yet?
  • Biggles
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Finally came in about 2:30pm.

Heng Leng, no, they haven't. Well not on the surface, anyway, nothing seems to have changed at all.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,133
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    bigadaj wrote: »
    Are you showing off or just loaded?

Neither:)

Though I suppose it depends on your definition of loaded;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure