IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Received - Passed to Wright Hassell

Options
Posting on behalf of a friend who has little knowledge on PCN's (I have limited myself)
She received a PCN on the 2nd March for overstaying in a 1 hour free parking, by 12 minutes, complete with pictures.
She ignored this based on research. She received a further letter, this time from Civil Enforcement Ltd on the 11th May, with the header Letter before action, the kindly included a draft particulars of claim and a copy of the supreme court judgement for Parking Eye v Beavis (lovely). Then followed a letter by ZZPS dated 20th June stating that if she didn't pay then they would have to pass it on to their clients solicitors, they also cited the Beavis case.
On the 10th July she received a letter from Wright Hassall (if ever a name was so ironic) and signed by the lovely albeit non-existent (that i could see from their website) Tim Hawker.
Since they mentioned CCJ's she is now pooing herself, I've informed her re process of CCJ's but I dont think i've done much to calm her worries.
Now the jist that I get from the Newbies thread is that, we ignore the stolen letterheaded solicitors letter and wait for the Letter of Claim to formulate the defence. Its CEL so I'm ready to research the relevant CEL defences as advised on several posts. But I just wanted to make damn sure that the information i was giving was correct (she's also my sons keyworker and has to power to send him home in clothes even vanish would deem to far gone to salvage)

Please be gentle with your responses, i've failed to count to amount of times i've answered to why today and explained the reasons why we shouldn't climb the wrong way up the slide whilst a gaggle of other toddlers are trying to get down.

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Post four of the Newbies Sticky will sort you out completely for this shower.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    TiredMum85 wrote: »
    Posting on behalf of a friend who has little knowledge on PCN's (I have limited myself)
    She received a PCN on the 2nd March for overstaying in a 1 hour free parking, by 12 minutes, complete with pictures.
    She ignored this based on research. She received a further letter, this time from Civil Enforcement Ltd on the 11th May, with the header Letter before action, the kindly included a draft particulars of claim and a copy of the supreme court judgement for Parking Eye v Beavis (lovely). Then followed a letter by ZZPS dated 20th June stating that if she didn't pay then they would have to pass it on to their clients solicitors, they also cited the Beavis case.
    On the 10th July she received a letter from Wright Hassall (if ever a name was so ironic) and signed by the lovely albeit non-existent (that i could see from their website) Tim Hawker.
    Since they mentioned CCJ's she is now pooing herself, I've informed her re process of CCJ's but I dont think i've done much to calm her worries.
    Now the jist that I get from the Newbies thread is that, we ignore the stolen letterheaded solicitors letter and wait for the Letter of Claim to formulate the defence. Its CEL so I'm ready to research the relevant CEL defences as advised on several posts. But I just wanted to make damn sure that the information i was giving was correct (she's also my sons keyworker and has to power to send him home in clothes even vanish would deem to far gone to salvage)

Please be gentle with your responses, i've failed to count to amount of times i've answered to why today and explained the reasons why we shouldn't climb the wrong way up the slide whilst a gaggle of other toddlers are trying to get down.

When Tim Hawker is mentioned, it simply means silly debt collector
    rubbish

No point in replying to a scammer pretending to be someone he is not

Threatening CCJ's when it has not even gone to court is menacing
    and the letter should be shown to Trading Standards with a complaint about this Wright Hassall fake letter

Hawker letters are simply to be ignored

If you get real court papers then come back here

It is vital you report this to Trading Standards to help you
    and others who receive the HAWKER scam letters

CLUE ...... only a judge can issue a CCJ not a two bit Hawker
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 July 2017 at 10:12PM
    Options
    may as well ignore it all for now and wait for the MCOL from Northampton to arrive

meanwhile , read the dozens of other CEL court claim threads posted on here over the last 2 months , draft a defence and follow their lead

the research that anybody did was very , VERY poor

post #1 of the NEWBIES sticky thread has told people what to do for the last 4 or more YEARS

please follow that advice in future , dont bother looking for any other advice, that thread has the first 5 or so posts that are all you need for these charges and claims

ps:- 12 minutes overstay is well within the BPA CoP clause #13 on GRACE PERIODS

say 5 to 10 minutes to park up and read the signs , and OVER 10 minutes to leave the car park. this will form one of the main arguments in their defence, plus other legal points as well
  • TiredMum85
    Options
    You guys are awesome, thank you so much for the advise. I've passed this on to her and told her to stop panicking.

I'll be sending a letter along with a copy of the solicitors letter to trading standards and I'll be looking through the forums for CEL defences in prep for the paperwork for her.

Thanks again :)
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Unfairly treated

You won't get help in this thread

You need to start your own (only after you have read the newbies faq and still need to)

Please use the edit function to delete your post here (copy and paste it into your own thread)
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have received a pcn from Civil Enforcement ltd over two years ago. I reported this to action fraud and was told to ignore it. Subsequent letters from ZZPS and WrightHassle I challenged and requested evidence as I had never been to Basingstoke where the alleged incident happened. Never received any evidence of course. 1 YEAR later, yesterday received a court claim form from Northampton. I now have to dispute the claim but because I didn`t get the letter until yesterday I have been threatened with baliffs! I feel threatened and intimidated, also went to CAB and police and have been told to keep my windows and doors locked until the matter is resolved. How can people get away with this? I am determined to expose these fraudsters and would like to know if anyone else has experienced this degree of harrassment for a notice they are not even guilty of!

Do yourself a favour, start your own thread for help

You also need to provide a lot more info
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family