PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Neighbours fence on my land

Options
Hi Everyone, Yesterday my neighbours try to fix the fence. The contractor came and they take out old fence and start installing new fence from the rear of the garden. Now I have metal rod installed in my boundary touching to his fence which clearly advice by my wife to contractors before they start installing fences. Now they started work and installing fence from out boundary. My wife shows pictures and tells them about wrong installation. The contractor denied any wrong work and said it is boundary issue and I have to talk with the agency. I email agency with pictures and try to explain the situation. The agency said it is boundary issue and they will speak with the owner of my neighbour. I ask them to give me owner's contact details so I can call and speak with the owner direct. But they are not providing that information. Not sure what next I can do about this situation. As they start installing fence from my boundary I cannot put my own fence. Any advice, please. Thank you.

Comments

• Superscrooge
    Superscrooge Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You would be better posting in the 'household' section of the forum rather than 'credit file'
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,643 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    He started a thread about this some weeks ago
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    He started a thread about this some weeks ago

11 days ago actually, he even responded to that thread half an hour before starting this 1.
  • Ronak_Dave
    Ronak_Dave Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am so sorry. I am a new bee and not sure how to use forums. Thank you anyway. I am moving to household section.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ronak_Dave wrote: »
    Not sure what next I can do about this situation. As they start installing fence from my boundary I cannot put my own fence. Any advice, please. Thank you.

Talk to the owner, if you get nowhere and aren't willing to move the fence yourself then you need to get a solicitor to write a letter before action.

My fathers next door neighbour took down the fence and started building an extension on my fathers land. The council don't care about where it's built. The builder blamed the architect, who blamed the builder. The owner didn't care. So he had to choose between action and cutting the bricks and hammering the window sill flush to put the fence back up.
  • Ronak_Dave
    Ronak_Dave Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    phillw wrote: »
    Talk to the owner, if you get nowhere and aren't willing to move the fence yourself then you need to get a solicitor to write a letter before action.

My fathers next door neighbour took down the fence and started building an extension on my fathers land. The council don't care about where it's built. The builder blamed the architect, who blamed the builder. The owner didn't care. So he had to choose between action and cutting the bricks and hammering the window sill flush to put the fence back up.

Thank you for your response. Send emails to agency and this week owner would like to agree to meet me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure