What ladies gym wear do you rate?

Comments

• clairec79
    clairec79 Posts: 2,512 Forumite
    Whatever works for you, I used to wear leggings (various brands) but lately I've switched to men's football style shorts and much prefer them
  • I wear tracksuit bottoms and I'm probably the only girl not in leggings at my gym but I don't care at all - I don't want clingy sweatty leggings on when I'm exercising!
    I wear this top: http://www.sportsdirect.com/adidas-linear-tshirt-womens-657970?colcode=65797006
    As you can see, pretty cheap and looks alright. Don't worry about it :)
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • I buy all of my gym leggings from Tikiboo - www.tikiboo.co.uk - as they do fantastic patterns, they are high waisted, have a drawstring and aren't transparent when you bend over. They also don't show sweat patches.

I buy my gym tops from a range of places - H&M, Primark, TKMaxx, etc.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    I buy all of my gym leggings from Tikiboo - www.tikiboo.co.uk - as they do fantastic patterns, they are high waisted, have a drawstring and aren't transparent when you bend over. They also don't show sweat patches.
    WOW!

They aren't cheap but the patterns are FAB! :)
  • flissh
    flissh Posts: 720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Liked the tikiboo website. I often pick things up in TKmax, and mix and match them with basic stuff from M&S.
  • redlady_1
    redlady_1 Posts: 1,601 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Im another Sweaty Betty girl except for the bras and I must have a shock absorber for any impact work. If you go through Quidco you get cashback. Yes, it is expensive but it lasts.
  • I get ALOT of my fitness wear from TK-Maxx - especially when they have sales on. I find that because they are 'brands' it tends to last longer.
  • CupOfChai
    CupOfChai Posts: 1,411 Forumite
    Is anyone else short and can tell me what they find fits well? I'm 5'1", and I'd love to be able to get some leggings that actually fit properly and don't either go really wrinkly on the ankles, or look like full length ones that have shrunk in the wash! Then there's tracksuit bottoms that drag on the ground, or tops sliding halfway down your torso because the straps and neckline are designed for a much taller person.

How come everywhere seems to do shorter length/petite sizes in normal clothes but not for any of the sportswear?
  • Would be interested if anyone can recommend where to get sportswear in larger sizes 22/24?
    Jan Grocery challenge
    Budget £350 - Spent £64.45 to date
  • Wear what you feel comfortable in, not what others are wearing. I typically find leggings very comfortable - I get them from different brands like Nike and Addidas but I also go for Primark and Asda ones too. In terms of comfort and quality, I'd recommend H&M and Asda activewear for women and the prices aren't bad either. I don't rate Primark leggings highly because they're bad quality and mostly see through. The sports bras & tops from Primark are good though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure