PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Toasters that take tall bread

2»

Comments

• Asda George - own brand - check out the four slice (I think the two slice is also big enough), fits a Warbies on its side with no problem.

If you think taking a tape-measure to a shop is weird, try this - I mocked up a slice of Warbies Green (super thick) in cardboard and tested that in various toasters/shops to find one that would accommodate!

eta. http://direct.asda.com/george-home-4-slice-toaster-red/001591049,default,pd.html#choice:brand but we have it in chrome.

I second the George toaster. I've got the 2 slice soley on the reviews stating it takes long sliced bread.Its great. Think it was £10.
  • SteveJW
    SteveJW Posts: 712 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Asda George - own brand - check out the four slice (I think the two slice is also big enough), fits a Warbies on its side with no problem.

Ordered the Asda George on brand, just waiting for delivery to store

Will let you know how it goes

Thanks
  • I have this one, bought off eBay. Its brilliant. Fits warburtons in lengthways or sideways.
    http://www.kenwoodworld.com/uk/products/breakfast/toasters/persona-toaster-ttm610-0wttm61001

Edited to say just caught your reply to see you've ordered one. Good luck and enjoy your toast.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £103.76 as of 6/4/24
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • SteveJW
    SteveJW Posts: 712 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Toaster arrived at click and collect, went to collect
    Massive cardboard box, could have fitted two toasters in it, guess they have standard sizes
    Anyway, Warburtons bread fits in perfectly
    As a bonus four slice toaster reduced from £25 to £17.50
    Many Thanks to all who replies
  • Breville VTT571 4-Slice Toaster the Perfect Fit for Warburtons. Amazon for 34.99 and that's 4 slice.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Rosythlass wrote: »
    Breville VTT571 4-Slice Toaster the Perfect Fit for Warburtons. Amazon for 34.99 and that's 4 slice.

The OP bought a toaster in Oct 2016.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport