Netflix Retention Deal

Options
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post! Am keen to start making savings wherever I can. :)

Just wondering if anyone has managed to call Netflix and get a retention deal if they threatened to cancel?

Thanks

Comments

• LynseyLou_2
    Options
    I didn't call but I have just cancelled mine online yesterday. I will let you know if I get any retentions emails!
    The Good : Topcashback: £70.01; RBS cashback: £5.04
    The Bad:Virgin Atlantic CC: £372.21
    Challenges: GC October: £7.50/£100; GC September: £103.85/£100
  • ccdorset
    ccdorset Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK great, thank you!
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    I've cancelled twice in the past. Never had a retention e-mail. They are a business with membership numbers grow quickly each year. If you are looking for a retention deal on something that costs £6 a month I doubt it will be something you are successful in.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    cifpower wrote: »
    If you are looking for a retention deal on something that costs £6 a month I doubt it will be something you are successful in.
    I agree.

The company are growing customer numbers year-on-year and are not a "mature" business like Sky or Virgin.

Retention deals are unlikely any time soon.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You can expect them to email an offer of a new free month trial some months after you cancel.
  • ccdorset
    Options
    Ah it was worth a try. I was thinking of cancelling and trying a different provider on a free trial. But it seems Now TV and Blink Box are different offerings completely.
  • ccdorset
    Options
    Just noticed Amazon Prime Instant Video. Seems a decent alternative for a 1 month free trial. Has anyone tried that?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    One online streaming service is pretty much like any other, apart from a few "exclusive" offerings. Might be worth taking a month-long trial as it's free, you can always return to Netflix at some point in the future.

You may also want to consider investigating how to acquire the US version of Netflix which has a superior line-up to the UK version. Won't be any cheaper, however.
  • gonzo127
    gonzo127 Posts: 4,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ccdorset wrote: »
    Just noticed Amazon Prime Instant Video. Seems a decent alternative for a 1 month free trial. Has anyone tried that?

i personally found Netflix to be better than Amazon Prime instant video - not only is it quicker and easier to say, i didnt personally like the interface and felt it was clunky and not that intuative to browse around the offerings.

but as has been said, try it for a month and see what you think, as only you can say if you like it better
    Drop a brand challenge
    on a £100 shop you might on average get 70 items save
    10p per product = £7 a week ~ £28 a month
    20p per product = £14 a week ~ £56 a month
    30p per product = £21 a week ~ £84 a month (or in other words one weeks shoping at the new price)
  • LynseyLou_2
    Options
    Just a wee update. No retention emails. Like other posters have said, it is quite cheap as it is. I am just sacking it because I don't watch it enough to justify the expense.
    The Good : Topcashback: £70.01; RBS cashback: £5.04
    The Bad:Virgin Atlantic CC: £372.21
    Challenges: GC October: £7.50/£100; GC September: £103.85/£100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills