Boots Bonanza: Double Points Online

MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Boots* have launched a 30 day double points offer, online only, effectively an 8% discount.

What's the deal?

Normally when you spend at Boots and use your Advantage card you get 4p worth of points per pound spent. As this is double points you're getting 8p per pound. Effectively this is a bit like a 8% discount (or an 4% extra discount).

What's it good for?

If you've got any shopping planned in Boots this is the perfect time to do it. Of course Boots isn't the cheapest shop out there, so it's worth comparing its prices with the extra points to the likes of Superdrug or better still the very cheap Savers centres.

Read a full article about how to really boost your Boots points Boots Treasure Trove and even more details on every type of Loyalty Scheme

threadbanner.gif

* Using these links helps the site stay ad-free and free to use, as they’re ‘affiliated links’ which invisibly take you via commercial price comparison services like Moneysupermarket or Find, which then pay this site per click

You shouldn’t notice any difference, the links don’t impact the product at all and the editorial line (the things I write) is NEVER impacted by the revenue. If it isn’t possible to get an affiliate link for the best product, it is still recommended and still included. The following boots.com is identical unaffiliated links provided for the sake of transparency. Click on the following link for more details on how the site is
financed.

Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• Can you tell me who's won in this situation: Purchase of £159.20 getting me 636 advantage points. Or same purchase now but at £199 plus 500 extra points. Would really like to know if its worth using my 7 day distance selling cancellation right to save some.
  • steviebhoy wrote:
    Can you tell me who's won in this situation: Purchase of £159.20 getting me 636 advantage points. Or same purchase now but at £199 plus 500 extra points. Would really like to know if its worth using my 7 day distance selling cancellation right to save some.

at £199, you will get 1592 AC points (with double points) + 500 extra points = 2092 AC points

at £199 you will get 2092 AC points (or £20.92 in money term)

at £159.20 you got 636 AC points (or £6.36)

YOU WON!!.. you saved more than £20 in current price

note: 1 AC point equivalent to £0.01 or 1p
  • That's the stuff!!

Thanks handsome, thought I was being done/doing myself out of a few bob.
    The purchase was a double pram!! The OH is well chuffed!
    Thanx again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport