DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 6)

fermi
fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
edited 7 June 2009 at 8:10AM in Debt-free wannabe
Once again the old thread was getting a bit large, so here is a fresh thread. :)

The previous thread can be found here: Click ---> DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 5)

Or click here for the last page of posts on the old thread. ---> Last Page
Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed

Comments

• DevonGirl
    DevonGirl Posts: 433 Forumite
    Wahay - we have a new thread!!!! :j :j :j :j :j :j

Thanks Fermi!! :T

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

_party__party__party__party__party__party__party__party_
    LBM - March 2009, DMP Start - April 2009
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member 297

(Don't forget to click on 'Thanks'! Thanks!)
  • leese2504
    leese2504 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Thanks Fermi x:D
    LBM MAY 2009 :T

Doing my own DMP with help and encouragement from EUPHO ;):D
  • Moany_Money
    Moany_Money Posts: 51 Forumite
    Hi all!!
    I really need some advice on this one. On a DMP with CCCS and the only crditor that have not accepted are Natwest. I rcently received a letter from them asking to pay my OD and loan arrears off in full by the 18th june. (Letter dated 1st June). Obviously this ain't gonna happen as I just don't have the money.
    Today I get a letter from CCCS saying that Natwest have told them my account number for my OD is wrong. Its not wrong, and I've just checked my online statement to see that last months payment went through. However on the 1st of june there's a transaction that says "transfer", and a 30 pound charge. Does this mean its been passed to a DCA ???

Very very very confused. Thought I'd see if anyone here can give some advice, before I have to phone their "Efficient and expert" staff (as they call themselves).

Thanks in advance, and hope all your weekends are going well!
    I'm always in the brown stuff (marmite)....only the depth varies!!! :rotfl:
  • leese2504
    leese2504 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Hi all!!
    I really need some advice on this one. On a DMP with CCCS and the only crditor that have not accepted are Natwest. I rcently received a letter from them asking to pay my OD and loan arrears off in full by the 18th june. (Letter dated 1st June). Obviously this ain't gonna happen as I just don't have the money.
    Today I get a letter from CCCS saying that Natwest have told them my account number for my OD is wrong. Its not wrong, and I've just checked my online statement to see that last months payment went through. However on the 1st of june there's a transaction that says "transfer", and a 30 pound charge. Does this mean its been passed to a DCA ???

Very very very confused. Thought I'd see if anyone here can give some advice, before I have to phone their "Efficient and expert" staff (as they call themselves).

Thanks in advance, and hope all your weekends are going well!

Hiya, I can only think natwest are saying it is wrong so they can bounce back the payment and not accept it thus proving they wont accept the DMP. I would speak with CCCS as they are handling your debts and see if there is any other way they can force that payment through to Natwest. Usually if a creditor refuses to accept DMP CCCS just keep making the payments so if taken any further it can be proved you are making an effort with your debt ( which you are ) Not sure if your account has been passed to a DCA yet, have you had a formal default letter yet stating the 14 days ( from the date you receive the letter ) to pay in full the balance. If not then I doubt it will of been passed to a DCA yet. Also have you asked them for a CCA yet as this may delay further action. ( only new to this so more experienced people will come along )
    LBM MAY 2009 :T

Doing my own DMP with help and encouragement from EUPHO ;):D
  • Moany_Money
    Thanks for that, much appreciated!!

Well I just phoned The collections centre and they told me the account is still open and should be able to accept payments.......baffling!!! I'll phone CCCS on Monday. (Natwest guy was not too convincing as CCCS were referred to as "CS" "CCS" and "CCCCS" during the conversation by him!!)
    Not quite sure about how to do a CCA request. Hopefully someone can give some advice on ths.

Thanks again!! :)
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 12 Forumite
    Lovely shiny new thread :D

I haven't posted for a week or so - I had a mini break in the Lake District. And as I am at the very start of my DMP journey it was all very quiet on the creditor front.

I have now had three letters from my creditors that are not the usual "reinstate your direct debit" or "where is your payment" ! These relate directly to the letter I sent saying I was going to be starting a DMP with CCCS. They are actually quite nice - M&S say that as I have contacted the CCCS they will wait to hear from them, but can't freeze interest until that time.

MBNA were very sorry to hear of my financial situation and if I send them all sorts of information maybe they can come to some sort of "arrangement" :rolleyes:. Oh and don't forget that my credit file will be shot to pieces if I do enter into a reduced payment plan.

Capital One were also sorry to hear of my financial ruin and find that these things are always better discussed over the phone ... so if I would be kind enough to phone them asap. Oh and don't forget to keep on paying up in the meantime. :rotfl:

Anyway not too bad as yet... not sure it will last.... ;)
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    LBM - May 2009 :idea: [STRIKE]Debt - £40K[/STRIKE] :eek: now £20K :cool:
    Debt Free - 2015 (or before with some effort) :T
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member No. 319 :D
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    edited 6 June 2009 at 12:50PM
    OO hello everyone :wave:

A twinkly new thread!.. :T:j
    Very proud of trying to deal with my debts. LBM 04/09
    :T
    [STRIKE]£34.217[/STRIKE] ~ 05/09. £33.817~ 06/09
    to [STRIKE]13 [/STRIKE] 12 creditors. Doing my own DMP. :dance:
    DMP mutual support member 309. NSD 12/12
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    RachM wrote: »
    Lovely shiny new thread :D

I haven't posted for a week or so - I had a mini break in the Lake District. And as I am at the very start of my DMP journey it was all very quiet on the creditor front.

I have now had three letters from my creditors that are not the usual "reinstate your direct debit" or "where is your payment" ! These relate directly to the letter I sent saying I was going to be starting a DMP with CCCS. They are actually quite nice - M&S say that as I have contacted the CCCS they will wait to hear from them, but can't freeze interest until that time.

MBNA were very sorry to hear of my financial situation and if I send them all sorts of information maybe they can come to some sort of "arrangement" :rolleyes:. Oh and don't forget that my credit file will be shot to pieces if I do enter into a reduced payment plan.

Capital One were also sorry to hear of my financial ruin and find that these things are always better discussed over the phone ... so if I would be kind enough to phone them asap. Oh and don't forget to keep on paying up in the meantime. :rotfl:

Anyway not too bad as yet... not sure it will last.... ;)

Hi Rach :wave:
    Thats pretty much where I'm up to too!. :rolleyes:

Bit boring at the moment.. I just want everything up and running.. For good or bad.. just SOMETHING.. :rotfl:
    Very proud of trying to deal with my debts. LBM 04/09
    :T
    [STRIKE]£34.217[/STRIKE] ~ 05/09. £33.817~ 06/09
    to [STRIKE]13 [/STRIKE] 12 creditors. Doing my own DMP. :dance:
    DMP mutual support member 309. NSD 12/12
  • Moany_Money
    edited 6 June 2009 at 12:55PM

MBNA were very difficult at first and used a 3rd part called "AEGIS" who would contact me about 10 times a day. They have quietened down after a few months of DMP payments. Just giving you a heads up just in case. Hope everything else goes well with the DMP. :)
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 12 Forumite
    Hi Eupho :hello:

I'm like you just want everything up and running.... on the other hand I dread the post or the phone ringing. Jumped out of my skin yesterday when it rang at 7.30am - no one I know EVER calls that early :eek: It was DH "testing" his mobile :rotfl:
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    LBM - May 2009 :idea: [STRIKE]Debt - £40K[/STRIKE] :eek: now £20K :cool:
    Debt Free - 2015 (or before with some effort) :T
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member No. 319 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business