Free Airmiles Mbna Bmi Credit Card Query!

Hi there, I am new to this forum but have been made aware of the recent offer of 20,000 air miles MBNA were giving on their BMI classic card. My partner and I have both applied and received the cards. When I called to activate them I was told that the air miles will only be added to my account after I have made my first purchase, which i can understand. They then went on to tell me that it will take up to 20 days from the intital purchase for the miles to be added to my account! Can anyone let me know if this is correct? We are hoping to fly to Russia in the middle of July for a friends wedding and feel this may be cutting it a little too fine if it takes another 20 days before we can book our tickets as availability will no doubt be poor by then. If this is the case we may well have to book full price tickets after all!

Many Thanks

Leba

Comments

• The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    This is the case, and in many cases it has taken longer. Also, availability for Air Miles flights on Star Alliance partners is limited. Its not a case of just being able to use the miles and thats it. There are a limited number of 'air miles' flights for each flight and even holding a Star Alliance Gold card wont get you onto a flight if they are all taken.
  • Katgoddess
    Katgoddess Posts: 1,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Does anyone know how you get your points? I got a letter saying they would be credited within 20 days but I didn't have a diamond account so how would they know where to give the points to? I've just set an account out and there is no place to link to a credit card.
  • The_Boss
    bmi will write to you to congratulate you on the opening of your account, sending you your Diamond Club bluecard and baggage tags with it.
  • Katgoddess
    The_Boss wrote:
    bmi will write to you to congratulate you on the opening of your account, sending you your Diamond Club bluecard and baggage tags with it.

So this happens automatically once you've signed up for the credit card and make a purchase?
  • The_Boss
    Yep, bmi handle that side rather than MBNA
  • Katgoddess
    I've just re checked my mail and i got a very insignificant letter back in april telling me my diamond account number. It didn't mention the 20,000 points so I ignored it. Glad I didn't throw it away. I'm going to Russia!!!!! Cheers!
  • LB1985
    LB1985 Posts: 427 Forumite
    In case anybody is interested, my Diamond Club account was credited with 20,000 miles today! :)
  • The_Boss
    Does this card also offer 9 months 0% on balance transfers?

I opened my account with them in 2003 when I needed it to buy flights on a regular basis but never got the balance transfer offer. I might call them up and ask for it now.
  • richto
    richto Posts: 821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    9 months from opening the account...
  • The_Boss
    Cool, I'm definitely going to ring up and ask for it then
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories