Kaupthing Edge Chaps/Bacs Transfers NEW discussion

Comments

• Katykay
    Katykay Posts: 35 Forumite
    Originally Posted by Ippylady viewpost.gif
    HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY ON THE FORUM ACTUALLY RECEIVED THE "EMAIL" ING SENT OUT YESTERDAY, OR BEEEN INFORMED DIRECTLY THAT THEY ARE IN THE 5%?

Yes I received the email yesterday - my BACS transaction was instructed online on 11th October.

Yes I received the email this morning but the only payment that I have oustanding is a £5 "test" BACS transfer requested on October 14th.

It is still my belief that the emails have only been sent out to those people who requested a BACS transfer after October 9th and NOT to all of you who requested CHAPS payments. It is the failure of ING to pay the CHAPS requests which needs explanation urgently.
    BACS requested 8/10/08, received 17/10/08
  • TypeR
    TypeR Posts: 117 Forumite
    Martin or other Admin guys,

Althought the ORIGINAL thread is now closed surely it MUST be pinned!! The thread carries a weight of sentiment about this issue that MUST NOT be lost to the general viewing public, ING and other Authorities UNTIL such time every single person has had their money returned.

I can understand the need for a new thread, but please please DO NOT lose sight of the original discussion.

Sorry about the caps, to me this is imperative.

Thank you.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    TypeR wrote: »
    Martin or other Admin guys,

Althought the ORIGINAL thread is now closed surely it MUST be pinned!! The thread carries a weight of sentiment about this issue that MUST NOT be lost to the general viewing public, ING and other Authorities UNTIL such time every single person has had their money returned.

I can understand the need for a new thread, but please please DO NOT lose sight of the original discussion.

Sorry about the caps, to me this is imperative.

Thank you.

I undestand your point. Yet the top of this post links to that thread and this is now the discussion. To make the other a sticky would be confusing as there would be two discussions running and it would simply drive people away. The other is a permanent resource linked to from here.

I haven't made this one sticky as it is fast moving enough to always stay top in the savings board, and people tend to glance over the stickies more than fast posted threads.

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Are the problems complete account closures ?

Mines wasn't an account closure - I withdrew £9k leaving £1,100 in my account. Given recent events I now want to withdraw the whole lot but will leave it until things settle down rather than risk more money going missing in the ether!
    BACS 11/10/08 TO RBS
    RECEIVED MONEY 22/10/08 YAHOO :p
    Thanks to all on forum for support over the past week.
  • moola_3
    moola_3 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Have just put down the phone after a highly frustrating call to ING. Spoke for over 50 mins to Tina McGuiness, allegedly a manager (D/L 01189 381815). She happily took my account number before saying she had no access to account information. I repeatedly pressed her on the question of whether ING is insolvent or in danger of going into receivership. She denied this even when I pointed out how serious it would be to lie. Could not give me any assurances whatsoever. Refused to put me on to her manager. On request gave the following address for serving of legal proceedings: 410 Thames Valley Business Park, Reading RG6 1RH. I told her ING are in default to me to the tune of £35000, she had the gall to deny this (BACS transaction requested on 11th Oct online, not manually). I told her I was being helpful by offering ING the option of avoiding prosecution by making a CHAPS payment today. She refused to guarantee this.

I am now on my way up to London to speak with my solicitors, not going to waste my time with the ombudsman as I have been there before and know what they are all about. This is a legal matter now for me.
  • McCleod
    McCleod Posts: 65 Forumite
    I have spoken to KE this morning. They have no idea when I am to receive my payment. The yonly know themselves what appears on the link at the KE website.

They couldn't give me anyone else to talk to regarding it (or wouldn't). I am pursuing a formal complaint via KE and then to the FSA/FOM.

MARTIN!!!

Where are you during all of this, WE NEED YOU!!!! We need you to do your thing and get on that phone TV screen and do what you do best.

I'm begging you, I can't pay my bills. :(
  • Thought it might be worth noting that I made 2 BACS transfers into my Kaupthing edge accounts (I didn't realise they were in trouble!) on the Saturday 4th. The first one arrived on the Tuesday 7th which I transferred straight out via CHAPS - this one is now lost in the ether. The second BACS into the account arrived on the Wednesday morning. So they had no problems processing transactions INTO Kaupthing, yet they weren't transferring any out. Very cheeky.

I've left the second one in as I don't want ALL my saving floating around in space. I will move it out once things have settled down as I an NOT impressed with ING over this fiasco.
  • pennineman
    pennineman Posts: 1,973 Forumite
    I initiated a CHAPS withdrawal on 07/10/08 for £12K which (luckily) just scraped in under the wire and arrived in my linked account.

On 08/10/08 I decided to withdraw the bulk of the remainder ( just less than 1K) but left £100 or so to keep the account open.

The 08/10/08 CHAPS payment is still lost in the system.

Neither KE nor ING have contacted me.

When I spoke to ING customer service (?) they told me it would arrive sometime last week . . . . . Well, yeah, right, of course.

Just glad I got the bulk out early.

But I still have £20K in Icesave . . . aaaaghh!
    Where now?
  • £4,372,873
    146 transfers.

Sorry I haven't acknowledged the most recent PMs personally - it's too slow
    CHAPS 8th Oct Rec'd 20th Lloyds TSB
  • Hi folks,
    I've just registered for this forum but have been following it closely over the last few days. I'm sure there are many other 'silent' followers of this forum who have money tied up with KE.

I too am one of the 5% (and no, it doesn't make me feel special!).

I posted an ordinary online BACS transaction on 12th Oct (Sun, so probably processed 13th). The money was debited from my KE account but has not arrived in my linked account. I'm one the few who seem to have received the pointless email from ING last night at 20:40. It's basically the same as the update posted on the ING website last night but also saying 'sorry to inform you that we are still working on a number of manual payment instructions, including the withdrawal request that you have made.'

That really make me feel better.... :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport