PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Comments

• Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Popperwell wrote: »
    It's just said the average family spends £435 a week:eek:

Pops, if I told you what our mortgage, body corp and various utility bills come to here on a tiny 1 bed unit you'd pass out :rotfl:
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    God if I had £435 a week I'd feel like a millionaire :) I wouldn't know what to spend it on!
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    We have white fluffy stuff...:eek:
  • D&DD
    Jem good luck for today hun X

Softstuff lol I'm skinny but do have a few wrinkly bits but can think of better ways to a flat stomach :D Hope things are brighter with you today down under XX

Stiltie congrats on doing the makaton course I can vaguely fingerspell from being taught at school many moons ago but really want to learn to sign properly I may be daring and see if there's a course nearby X

Irishmom glad to hear the twins are earning their keep..yes it's fine to turn off the dehydrater for a bit I often do this if something hasn't finished drying in the evening when I go to bed and turn it back on in the morning HTH

Sending happy vibes to all that need them I'm going to do my first lot of mince pies today too SDG I make them all year round but this is my first proper xmas batch so going 'posh' and doing star tops and icing sugar :rotfl:

I'm so excited I get to try out my snow shovel first though..I lead a truly exciting life :D:p:D

XXX
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Morning, how is everyone? We have snow too. I have thick tights on under my suit, a vest, my big overcoat, scarf and I was still cold waiting on the train. I've cheated and put my boots on today. We're not supposed to wear them to work. No locker so its not as though I can keep shoes at work and too much of a pain carrying shoes as well as my packed lunch, my bag and briefcase.

Got OH the Hobbit movie companion book from Mr T's last night, its the hardback edition for £6 instead of £12.99. Already given him his thermals and new jeans. He gave me my boots and my fairisle cardi as we might as well get as much wear/use out of them instead of freezing.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • D&DD
    :j Thanks Unixgirl my DS3 is LOTR obsessed,he's eagerly awaiting a Hobbit DVD so will get him the book to tide him over,I didn't think to look and see if they had one! I got him a Hobbit calender :D
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    D&DD, they have 2 types, the soft cover and the hard back and they're both the same price. It explains who all the characters are. Really nice book.

No more buying pressies. I'm done. I just need to wrap everything and if I've forgotten someone I'm sure I'll be able to russle up something.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • katieowl_2
    katieowl_2 Posts: 1,864 Forumite
    The_Dragon wrote: »
    Erm Kate, better check as Tuna is not Vegetarian friendly! :o

No it's OK...it's HER OH, he does eat fish!!!!

Kate
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    THe Hobbit annual is £1.99 on Amazon at this moment. I've booked our Mr T tickets to see The Hobbit on the 16th, can't wait! It will be interesting to see how far it goes up to, given that there are going to be 3 films now.
    Kidcat do build in time for a rest won't you, it sounds awfully hard work. No snow here, in fact it's sunny at the moment, and the ground is wet so it wouldn't settle even if it came (which is the kind of snow I like!).
  • D&DD
    Just got one in hardback from Amazon :D £6 theres going to be one happy little hobbit here come xmas day many thanks for posting about that,he's got the new lego LOTR sets and hobbit stuff as his main pressies so will be exceedingly quiet for days!!!

edited to add AARGH just crossposted with you Possession back to Amazon I gooooooooo X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure