PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• jammy_dodger
    jammy_dodger Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    HI all

I have been lurking about weight loss threads and have decided the time has come to declare to the world I need to loose a stone in weight...before it creepsup even more

and this looks a fine place to help support me to do it

I have been fortunate to have never needed to loose weight before but a number of factors have helped creep on those pounds

namely I stopped smoking 9 months ago :j,
    I am just coming to the end of a 3 month stint of night shift ( which always make me feel sluggish )
    i like cooking / baking /eating:D
    am 40 something ...
    i am a biscuit a holic

i used to me a gym member a few years ago and enjoyed the running machine , i was almost purchasing a tread mill online then my MSE head kicked in and i removed it from my virtual shopping basket:D
    I have downloaded the couch to 5k podcast from nhs website onto my redundant ipod thingy and have just completed my first step:j
    my dog enjoyed it too

i know i only weigh 9st5 may not seem a lot but when clothes are tight tight tight and am left feeling very uncomfortable, i am bulging out of my work uniform and refuse to get a bigger size

so bull by the horns i am grasping

i am gonna start an eating diary for myself as i eat far too many biscuits and snack throughout the day , my main meals are cooked from scratch and generally healthy , i dont drink alcohol , so i hope with smaller portions, healthy snacking and introducing the 5k couch run ( may also look at the 30day shred videos too for when the weather is too awful )

so am jumping aboard and hope can give some motivation to others along the way too

JD xx
  • EllaRose
    EllaRose Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    welcome, jammy dodger :)
    :)
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Jammy Dodger I love the name :D

Im here to add to my meals for today

2 x brazil nuts, 2 HM chapti's to have with tea (just flour and water so surely cant be too bad) and im going to have a rich tea biscuit later- JUST ONE!!!!

I have been swimming and Welsh Woofer I feel your pain ref kids/general business :o I did 34 lengths. Well I say lengths but they were more zig zags to avoid everyone else as some bright spark at the baths has taken out all the swimming lanes as its the kids holidays :mad:

I mean at least leave a couple of lanes :o

Moan over :rotfl:
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • financially_gaga
    Options
    Hi all

Well done to all the losers!

Good day foodwise, bitdodgy on the exercise front!

B skinny latte, banana,,peach
    S baked crisps
    L sandwich, grapes
    S orange
    D 2quorn filets with a tandoori spice rub, 2 small thin flat breads, minty yogurt sauce
    S frozen yogurt

Exercise 1 hour walk to work, 15 mins upper body exercise

I managed to hold a normal AND reverse plank properly for a whole minute which has never happened before :)
  • Evie74_2
    Evie74_2 Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    Hello and welcome to Jammy Dodger and well done to all the losers! :j

Slightly weird day food wise as I missed breakfast and ended up having my breakfast for lunch, and missing lunch altogether.

B/L: Oat bran porridge, banana

D: Not very OS WW ready meal (blame the lack of kitchen :o), green salad, big bowl of strawberries, yogurt, banana muffin

I haven't eaten very much today which is bad news - I don't want to trigger starvation mode! I will probably have a light supper later on - maybe some crumpets with HM jam or marmite.

No exercise today either - always difficult on a work day at the best of times :(

So not a great day really - not a disaster, but not very healthy - I need to get into better eating habits as I often end up skipping breakfast and/or lunch because I am too busy at work, only to cram the contents of the fridge into my mouth as soon as I get home.

Hmm. Could do better :o

Evie xx
    "Live simply, so that others may simply live"
    Weight Loss Challenge: 0/70
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Evening All

I'm just back from an evening walk with my dog walking friend, which turned into a bit of an adventure as we found a little lost dog. We couldn't find an owner but someone gave us a bit of string which we made a makeshift lead with and my friend took it home with her.

B: Raspberries with Greek yoghurt
    L: HM red pepper soup, served with a low carb cracker spread with garlic cream cheese and topped with cherry tomatoes. HM chocolate mousse.
    D: Yellowfin sole with a lemon and pepper dusting, green beans and carrot and cauliflower mash.

5756546.jpg

Snack: Half a small bar of dark chocolate (20g)

Exercise: One hour of Pilates, 5 mile walk this evening, 2.5 miles of other walking during the course of the day.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone have any good breakfast ideas? I am trying to cut out sugar and dairy, which has left me really scr3wed for breakfast! I normally eat yoghurt, or toast with jam (sugar) or cream cheese, or before the diet started, butter. I love porridge, but the water here makes it taste awful!

B: cereal+yoghurt+1/6 melon
    L: cream cheese & salad wrap, snack a jacks, an apple
    D: Enchiladas with mushrooms on the side (my compromise on a pay day takeaway)
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    RoseWood - hope you can give us an update on the little dog?

Just back from the 4 mile walk in the rain - my dog was a lovely shade of mud instead of white by the end, he's showered now and still looks grey, will have to have another one tomorrow.

Have eaten tons today and still within the cals (just) if you count the exercise cals too:o Just felt hungry all day. Feel bloated and fat now though - hopefully that will disappear by the morning.

All the exercise planned done though so I suppose that's a good thing.
    Tomorrow is another day.....
  • vixtress
    vixtress Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone have any good breakfast ideas? I am trying to cut out sugar and dairy, which has left me really scr3wed for breakfast! I normally eat yoghurt, or toast with jam (sugar) or cream cheese, or before the diet started, butter. I love porridge, but the water here makes it taste awful!

B: cereal+yoghurt+1/6 melon
    L: cream cheese & salad wrap, snack a jacks, an apple
    D: Enchiladas with mushrooms on the side (my compromise on a pay day takeaway)

I use either alpro almond milk or oatly, oat milk to make porridge, they re both delicious and the almond milk is about half the cals of ss milk, I get them from asda. Although I think they both may contain some sugar ( not much though for the calorie count) and normal milk contains its own sugar anyway

Hth
    Vix
    - prior planning prevents poor performance!

May Grocery challenge £150 136/150
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 August 2012 at 9:46PM
    Options

minicooper How about beans on toast. Or mushrooms on toast - no butter on the toast. Eggs ? scrambled/poached. Tinned tomatoes. Maybe make some breakfast bars with the porridge and add some dried fruit, apricots etc ? or if thats too sweet maybe use a low cal sweetner instead of sugar/fruit and some mashed banana in them

Plans for today:

B - bacon and mushroom omelet
    L - chicken salad
    D - chicken and veg fajhitas. Will use up some lowf cream cheese in the wraps instead of sour cream & cheddar

Exercise - I want to hoover downstairs, wash kitchen floor and cut grass. More washing/ironing to do for holidays on saturday. Hope to go for a walk at least 40 mins. Didnt get for a walk yesterday and drank half a bottle of zinfandel last night, so really need to get exercising today :D

Had a go at the beans bingo wing challenge but as I have problems with grip kept dropping the beans :o. DS (17yo) asked me what on earth I was doing and then produced a small pink pair of hand weights that I didnt know he had 1.1kg each and they are ideal "you can have these girlie weights" he said in disgust :rotfl:Have to be careful not to trigger my painful elbow (trapped nerve right arm), but managed 3 reps of 30 yesterday... mind you am feeling it today ;)
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure