fighting my way out of the misery, moody,mayhem muddle.

Comments

• :j Well thats a good thing. Maybe because of belt tightening before Christmas and spending extra, its had a knock on affect. As in, you are still belt tightening, but you have no extras to buy, so have some excess cash ? What ever it, hope it stays that way for you.

Meal planning :( I have really slacked on that one, first night shift tonight so I will make a start on next weeks

:)
    Do I need this or just want it.
    If you always do what you always do...You will get what you always get.
    Debt Free since 16/12/10
    Starting Weight 14-7 Current 13-7-0 total -14lb
  • robsmum_2
    robsmum_2 Posts: 1,753 Forumite
    edited 25 January 2011 at 2:18PM
    Day off today. Weekly housework blitz done:jThis weeks special clean was to really blitz the bathroom- done:jCan't believe 2 people can make the bathroom so gungy:eek:, though in fairness our house is very dusty (the price for rural living) and we have exceptionally hard water.
    Once floors are dry its time for lunch and either some planwork, mending or just reading!

Financial: Much the same, though frugal living is paying off. OH got paid today and we had £90 left before hand:j

Had NO WASTAGE all month.:j

Job: 2 applications to print and complete. Applied on Saturday for job at our local garden centre, they are going to arrange for me to have a trial morning/afternoon to see the otherside of my favourite place.

Health and Wellbeing; Working on cutting down smoking and that's hard:eek: had crept up over new year again so going back to getting it down at first to 20 a day(was 25-28), been succesful for most of last week and was succesful yesterday.
    Dental appointment Friday.

House:
    Pretty much back on track and slowly getting everywhere sparkling again.

Knowledge:
    Not done anything on this one this week:eek:
    Just remembered I have! Spent 3 hours with assistance of technical support re-installing the printer.
    Debt at start of DMP 1/6/09: £2942 - £1942
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
    £2 saving plan:-
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Looking good moneywise :grin:
    enjoy your trial.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • robsmum_2
    Had quite a good week and seem to be taking this MSE bit scarely seriously:money:

I have earnt an extra £30 this week:j
    I have reached pay day again with money in my purse:j(67pence but still money left)
    Reached the end of the month with money in the bank:j(£14 left - will transfer £10 into my savings account)

Now just compared my stock up supermarket shop at www.mysupermarket.co.uk and found this month it will be £2.23p cheaper at Tesco, so will be going there tommorow.

Found a very good incentive to reduce my smoking at the weekend - the increased VAT. Because I buy the weeks ciggies in 1 go was shocked at how much they were now. So am nearly down to my 20 a day from 28:jnext week am going to do all week at 20 or less and then reduce it by 2 more a day.

Off now to do some application forms, quick tidy and dinner.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • beanielou
    Good news on cutting down on the fags.
    Keep plodding!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Wow you are doing well :j
    Great on the extra cash earned and money left in your purse and bank. Well done too on the ciggies :T.

:money:Does get a hold on you doesn't it. DH and I have had one or two crossed words while he has been off, nothing major, he just thinks i am taking a bit too far ! Better that than too far the other way :money:

How are you doing with gifts are you ahead of yourself with this too.

Keep up the good work

:)
    Do I need this or just want it.
    If you always do what you always do...You will get what you always get.
    Debt Free since 16/12/10
    Starting Weight 14-7 Current 13-7-0 total -14lb
  • robsmum_2
    Day off again, so weekly housework blitz calls and then: cooking, monthly paperwork, pricking out seeds and not sure what else.

Had another good week and the plodding seems to be paying off.

Financial: Slow and steady on that front. As well as having money left in the bank at end of month, money left in my purse I had also saved £14 in change. That was banked on Friday and transfered into my savings account.:j
    Job: Applications in, just playing the waiting game now. Keep looking.
    Health and Wellbeing:
    Fags 20 a day, if I manage this all week then will do 2 less from next week. Have got the inhalators and lozengers out:eek:
    Dentist was good, no treatment other than a scaling:jbut boy, has my teeth been sensitve since and my jaw aches:eek:
    Knowledge and learning:
    This week I'm going to an agricultral show with BIL and the pantomime that the child I babysit for is in! So definately doing different things this week.

Right off to pretend I'm at work and blitz the house.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • robsmum_2
    Plod! Plod! Plod! It's beginning to show results. I only have the kitchen left to have a major sort and organize on and that's next weeks project.

Today, I am going to finish off all the odds and sods everywhere else:jwill be back to update properly when I've finished. 15 minute burst should do the trick!
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • robsmum_2
    Where is the time going? Another week has gone by and my poor diary has been neglected.
    Had another good week - llong may they continue.

Financial:
    A steady week last week, no extra earnt but finished the week with £9.40 left:jhalf has gone into the saving pot and half the debt pot.

Did battle last week with Reliable collections (for catalogue debt) and have got it onto a payment plan on a SO. I refused to be bullied by them and have got it to £14 a month, bit higher than I wanted but should stop interest and late payment charges. Going to use contents of debt pot at end of each month to make extra payment and really make an effort to get rid of that one.
    So quite a good result.

Still no wasteage ( since New Year now) but am getting slightly obsessive about that.

Job:
    2 applications in and 1 to do today.

Health and Wellbeing:
    Doing ok on that front and am beginning to feel better.

Smoking:
    Got that to 18 a day:j steady progress there.

House:
    Other than kitchen all de-cluttered and early spring cleaned.
    Have started on kitchen and about half way.
    1st stuff put on Freecycle today.

Garden:
    Got tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, chillis and peppers all on the go in propagator and greenhouse.
    Just put cosmos seeds in.

Lunchtime and then baking and ironing.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • beanielou
    Good news on sticking your ground with catalogue collections peeps.
    Keep plodding.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure