Amazon Delivery Delay

Comments

• what do people expect companies to do when the country has ground to halt because of the weather?
  • I'm still waiting for items ordered on the 29th of nov they have told me to contact them again on wednesday if i haven't recieved them.
  • I had something due to be delivered 10th December to my work address, it came today so only one working day late
    It's taken me years of experience to get this cynical
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • iamana1ias
    iamana1ias Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    Tell me about it :mad:

I live around 30 miles from the Amazon warehouse in South Wales.

I'm an Amazon Prime member. Last week I ordered an item worth around £30 which arrived the next day by RMSD. :beer:

The next day I ordered a £200 camera which appears to have been sent by standard recorded Royal Mail and is, after 6 days, nowhere to be seen. Tried to call to get an explanation only to get through to a call centre in the Phillipines which was useless. Tried to blame the weather in Scotland :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Where's my damn camera?? :mad:
    I was born too late, into a world that doesn't care
    Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    jillie1974 wrote: »

I just got a dvd delivered from Amazon today. It had an expected delivery date of the 9th of December, so yes, there's been delays here too. I hope my other lot that are in transit get here okay. Otherwise i'm going to be writing IOU's for Christmas! :D
  • Swan_2
    Swan_2 Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    jackieb wrote: »
    I just got a dvd delivered from Amazon today. It had an expected delivery date of the 9th of December, so yes, there's been delays here too. I hope my other lot that are in transit get here okay. Otherwise i'm going to be writing IOU's for Christmas! :D
    lol, me too :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

fortunately I've got the majority of the gifts in already & my lot are all grown up, so if the rest of the Christmas stuff doesn't turn up in time we'll just have to have a double celebration at New Year ;) :beer: :beer:
  • I live in Aberdeen and have been waiting since 25th November for orders from Simply Be and ASOS, also a Boots one from 1st Dec. Funny thing is I ordered two lots from Simply Be on the same day and one parcel arrived on Friday but not the other? At least I know somethings getting through finally we had no ordinary post for a fortnight during the worst of it. Oh well I will live in the countryside. I also will be preparing IOU's if all goes wrong.
  • honey9
    honey9 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Yeah I'm waiting for an item (last of the Christmas presents thank goodness) dispatched by Amazon on the 2nd, it originally had tracking but now the site is telling me it can't track it - hmmm! I spoke to Amazon customer services and they said they can't track it either and if it hasn't arrived by Thursday to call them back and they'll issue a replacement. Which is all well and good but that's unlikely to arrive before Christmas if this one doesn't.

It's odd that whenever I've ordered from them before it's come from Bedford (I'm in London) - this is the 1st time an item's been sent from Scotland and just our luck, there's snow!
  • eslick
    eslick Posts: 2,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    no problems so far with amazon, but the book people dont get me started :) ordered wednesday night with next day delivery, so expected friday still no sign of it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure