PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 14 July 2017

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Please can people keep fingers crossed for dry weather in Liverpool this afternoon - I'm going to my baby brothers graduation after he completed his OU degree and PGCE at the age of 45 and I want some nice photos for my family rogues gallery :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning all,

It's Friday. Thank goodness.

Last night I felt super tired very early, which is unlike me. I normally force myself to bed at 10. But I felt my eyes closing at 9.15 so I retired to bed early and felt all the better for it this morning.

My friends coming over tonight for a game of FIFA. I've a pizza in the fridge should we need it.

Agreed to go and visit my new niece tomorrow with my mum and step-dad. This'll then be followed by dinner. Got a few odds and ends to do tomorrow so I'll keep myself busy.

Jackie - Sending you hugs
    Lainey - Good luck today and enjoy!!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning :wave:

Lainey enjoy your race day sounds like fun

Jackie Enjoy your celebration of Jack I am sure he would be very proud of his family now

Shop in a van due any minute so everything sorted for the weekend. Lots of paperwork to do today and will do some general tidying too ready for a proper clean over the weekend.

Nothing much else happening in my world today so enjoy your days :)
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning
    Thanks for the thread nmlc

Lainey - Good luck today

Floss - Fingers crossed

Jackie
    - Have a good day with your family.

Not doing much today, feeling a bit down.
    May visit mother but then I'll be totally depressed. If I don't go I feel guilty.

Hope you all have a good day.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one, Short message today, we are off out shortly.

Bad night, OH woke for a pee at 4.30, end of sleep for me, did fall asleep at the back of 7am, feel like something the cat brought in and forgot this morning.

Very grey cold and windy, winter clothes back on!!!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all,

Welcome back ELF06. Glad to have you back in the fold.

Jackie thinking of you at this time. Such sadness but take comfort in your loving family and a lifetime of memories of your loved one.

Holly my hair is in an awful mess at the moment. Sick of other people moaning about my grey hair i decided to colour it. The colour didnt last more than a few weeks so i decided to bleach it....Brilliant except the last few weeks its been breaking off in handfuls so i decided to go back to grey again. Give it 6 months and i might be able to cut the bleached ends out of my hair (thats unless it doesnt break off first).

Floss, hope all goes well at your brothers graduation.

Will be accompanying Prodigal to the GPs surgery this afternoon. I'm dreading it. He wants me there as he says i am better at communicating than he is but where do i/we start?

On a lighter note.... a picture my daughter sent me this morning of baby Alice.

th_a5ecc834-ddba-417d-9e1a-9f557a0c89f3_zps18k0qmup.jpg
    Cant see the point in those things they shove round the babys head. They seem like a hazzard to me.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello, another fine day here although it's a bit breezy.
    Had a rubbish sleep last night. Slept for about 10 mins then was awake for hours, just couldn't shut my brain down. Kept on going through the caravan list in my head, don't know why as it's a job I have done many times in the past 30 years ! Normally I pack the caravan stuff but DH now likes to "help" and I'm afraid that we'll forget something. So now I feel that my head is not connected with my body today :rotfl:.
    I stripped the bed this morning, washed the bedding and hung it out, I have also got the WM on again with some other bits and bobs.
    We had to go to Li*l to get some food for the weekend, as I don't like going shopping as soon as we arrive, I like to get set up and relax.This afternoon we shall go and take the cover off the van and take over the pillows, sleeping bags etc. We have decided to call in the chip shop instead of cooking a meal so no worrying about tea.
    JackieO enjoy your trip down memory lane, what a lovely way to celebrate your late DH's life.
    Floss and Lainey hope you both have a great day.
    Silver-oldie and Hollyharvey sending extra hugs.
    Hester I hope that the spiteful comments return to bite her on her "derrierre" . She's probably jealous that you've started your countdown :j.
    Don't know if I will be able to post next week as we are off to Wiltshire tomorrow.
    Hugs to everyone.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,028 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Busy morning, quiet afternoon.

TV engineer arrived on time and finished off the job he should have done eight weeks ago! Then DM faffed around getting ready to go out, think she pulled out four tops and two jackets before settling for her favourites.

Although she was heading for one particular shoe shop she got distracted by Lake*land on the way. I sat outside. Then we got to the shoe shop where I left her. She had won some money from her Premuim Bonds so I went off to bank the cheques.

Amazingly she bought the first pair of shoes she tried on. :T After a coffee and sandwich she then announced she wanted to look at some tops. Back down the escalator we went. Three tops later (all bought separately) she wanted to go to the basement to kitchenware. Somehow, and I'm really not sure how this happened, I ended up buying her a tiny wee whisk. She seemed to make how that she'd always wanted one and would love it as a gift. :rotfl:

Anyway, we got back home and she's now snoozing softly in front of the living room TV. Worn out by it all.

I'm enjoying the quiet by reading. Not much else to report, but happy days.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good afternoon everyone, thanks to nmlc for starting te thread and hugs to anyone that needs one.
    Jackie I hope you have a lovely time with your family sharing and enjoying your memories.

I've had a very quiet day so far, I'm finding the new meds hard to adjust to and I'm finding they are making me feel very odd for a number of hours after taking them. Thankfully I perk up a bit as the day goes on .

My son headed off early this morning to drive to Cardiff to see his brother for a few days, so it's back to an empty house for me. He made a lovely dinner for us last night trout with creamed leeks in filo pastry with Ayrshire tatties, spring onions and peas. It's a reall faff to make as he had to fillet and skin the trout first but boy is it. Easier dinner for me tonight of left over spuds, pork chop with some runner & broad beans and courgette from the garden. I was hoping to garden for a bit once I finish a cuppa but it looks as though it is about to pour so might need to do some housework instead!
    I hope everyone has a good day x
  • elf06
    elf06 Posts: 1,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Jackie O - what a lovely thing to do!
    Tru - I don't know your story but I have a 'difficult' dog myself and I am SICK of people and their comments! Unfortunately today was not a great day for us and our afternoon walk was somewhat stressful:(

Today started well - DS tidied a path to his window in his room as we have someone from Green Deals coming to assess our windows and doors (if anyone has any thoughts on this please let me know as I'm not totally sure if its a good idea or not) and he decided he was making pea & ham soup for dinner tonight so set about popping all the ingredients in the SC. I decided some homemade rolls would be a good idea so I set about making them! First dog walk of the day went well despite a couple of unexpected dogs 'upsetting' my poor boy and after that I managed to get the rest of the wallpaper off the bathroom ceiling (I know!!! WHO has paper on the ceiling *sigh*)......Then it all went a bit wrong :( ........window people rescheduled not once, nor twice but THREE times (each reschedule involved 2 phone calls so I felt like I'd never been off the phone), our afternoon dog walk was very stressful AND I've lost the screw part for the bathroom light!! Grrrrrrr.
    Trying to be positive, as I do, the doglet is now snoozing happily, I'm munching scrummy ginger biscuits and having a brew and I might even get a little bit of tidying done before window man arrives.......

Heres hoping nowt else goes pearshaped!!

ETA - thanks for the welcomes back lovelies :D
    Emma :dance:

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business