PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    YorksLass I actually quite like the sewing-up, It's the actual knitting that gets me down! If you are ever over my way on the Lancashire coast, bring your bits of knitting with you! ;)

Well there's a solution ... everyone post their knitting to Floss to sew up ;)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    Well there's a solution ... everyone post their knitting to Floss to sew up ;)

First arrival, first sewn...;) :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Floss, can I send my mending pile your way, too? :D

One teatowel in the ragbag.
    One barb1e had its foot cut off in an unfortunate accident and is now in the pile to take to the technical waste at the recycling centre (it played music, so I assume there are some electric parts inside). It was one of the nicer ones, so that's a bit of a shame.

I'm finishing Spark Joy, and have the feeling she has been to my house! She describes the way I use my bathroom drawers, the kitchen cupboards, and the paper stock items!
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Siebrie wrote: »
    Floss, can I send my mending pile your way, too? :D

Sorry, don't do mending apart from buttons or hems!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • PollyWollyDoodle
    Options
    Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with craft UFOs. One of mine is a jumper I made for my friend's baby, but I didn't like the wool I'd chosen when it was made. When I looked, it's practically finished but you guessed it, it needs sewing up! I'm going to finish it and send it off to Knit for peace.

Another is a rag rug, the first time I've ever made one - I think the finished item will spark joy, or at least be useful but I'm really not enjoying the process. At the moment I've got two sewing projects and one knitting project which have been requested by other people, so I have got to finish them. I think after these I'm going to do something for myself- I'm fed up with doing things for others.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • fpcat
    fpcat Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My oldest wip is at least 22 years old. It's a very nice cross-stitch panel of a dream catcher, which I intended as an 18th birthday present for my son's then girlfriend. I loved the cross-stitch, hated the girlfriend. He didn't marry her, I never finished it. If I did now it would take 2 days max, and I could get rid of the embroidery frame, the pattern and the spare threads, so why don't I? Because of that girl, she really put me off it!
    I also have one of those readicut rugs from my mil's which is really too bad to use, but DH refuses to let it go. As far as kondoing goes a change in medication means an unexpected weight loss, and 3 large black bags of too large clothes ready for the CS. I had to stop or I would have been clothesless. DH is quite happy for me to start looking for some new clothes but I don't know if I will continue to lose weight and need to go down a size again.
    DH has thoroughly hoovered through today and although the house is still very much untidy it looks so much better for just that one thing.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Did it again because I left things unfinished in the bedroom from the day. I stayed up later than normal because I decided to watch that internet scam programme, then I moved a couple of things and before I knew it, my jewellery was tidied. I have a few lovely clear small muji sets sof two drawers. They are so clear that they aren`t in your face, so two are now on show and one is on my bedside table. All well and good but it set my mind to being awake and I didn`t sleep at all well but I know why, so at least that is good. They will be a quick clean with a feather duster, I won`t be rubbing them or they will get static :cool:

I wanted to get some of those marvellous vileda cloths that last and wash but aren`t microfibre or sponge, they squeeze very well for starters. I used to get them from lakeland but they don`t have them, tried amazon and found similar from vileda, ordered them. Then went onto the vileda site and they were half the cost, so I quickly cancelled amazon order. I have decided to kondo the rest of my cloths today, I have too many that I don`t use because they are too wet for too long. My t towels are all good but it is the cloths and it is an easy kondo because they are in neat piles after initial kondo. I also ordered a turbo mop and bucket, how these things have changed and I have room in my utility

I could do with having another round of kondo in my main craft room but it looks very tidy in there, even though too many boxes are full, so as it is not enticing me, I will leave it. I did kondo a small amount of fluff (wool fibre) stuff that I bought by the bag, called waste wool from world of wool. I used felting needles and made a brilliant small fox, which is on show next to my small carved fox. I might consider making some christmas tree baubles ongoing from now, they will be useful and it does get rid of fibre. Its a nice quiet sit for a few hours :D but I still need to finish my knitted sleeve, so that will be first. Its kind of an easier thing to do on a dull day, knitting that is

fpcat, that made me laugh out loud
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all

GQ, how did the 'Sausagemeat Mercy Mission' go? The mind boggles :rotfl:

Like many others, I've been sorting smaller pikes of Komono this week istead of tackling bigger things

I've got half a bag for the CS (will take that into town with me on Saturday when I have a hair cut) and some children's books went to a friend

The reduced soft fruits that I got the other day have been mostly dealt with and are being Kondo'd into tummies or went into the freezer on the day. Chicken pieces that were bought have been stripped of meat and have been frozen for future sarnies. Two more punnets of plums to deal with, I'll either slice and freeze them or make them into more sticky plum flapjack. See how the mood takes me :)

DS2 snaffled my (now empty) grey wool unit to put toys in - it was destined for the loft - which helped tidy his and my room

This weekend will hopefully see a tip run (garden clippings from the Easter weekend) and putting decorating stuuf into the loft

Have a good day all :)
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Shortie wrote: »
    Morning all

GQ, how did the 'Sausagemeat Mercy Mission' go? The mind boggles
    :p My mind was boggling, too!

Short version is that pal's mum is self-catering a large family party which is involving multiple bakeathons and she'd bought rather expensive sausagemeat (2.6 kilos) at the weekend and it was about to go OOD.

Pal was concerned that the sausage rolls wouldn't get made and this sausagemeat would end in the bin so we three (me, pal and pal's mum) spent an evening making sausage rolls.

We also had YS run on the way up there, and dinner. They were chortling that I'd been kidnapped and forced to slave over a hot stove. I was delivered back to Shoebox Towers at 11.30 pm, which is well past my [STRIKE]curfew[/STRIKE] err .. bedtime!

Worralaff. There is also the possibility of doing some kondo-ing at pal's house in the future, she may need moral support. I did explain I only offer the immoral kind.......... :rotfl:

Am easing into the day, have a couple of shopping errands in town and then will go to the lottie and spend a few hours up there sowing seeds and generally grubbling around in the good earth.

Hope everyone has a great day, GQ xx
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aaahhhh, I had visions of you on a mercy meat buying spree for a bit there :p glad the sausagemeat was saved :)

Immoral support, haha, I think they sounds far more fun than moral support ;)

I am hoping to get to the lottie this weekend. I need to re-dig some ground (root spreading weeds there) to prep it for planting sweetcorn and butternut/pumpkins later (need to check when to be honest)

The lottie should help me Kondo some weight. Unfortunately, the baked YS goodies I have been making haven't helped in that department :o
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport