Best sub-£200 mobile

Options

Comments

• malky39
    malky39 Posts: 700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://www.banggood.com/UMI-Super-5_5-inch-Fingerprint-4GB-RAM-32GB-ROM-Helio-P10-MT6755-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1054938.html?rmmds=category
    This seems to have alot for the £150 price tag, covers all UK 4g bands aswell.

Or you can get the xiaomi redmi note 3 pro, Taiwanese version for roughly the same price which covers all uk bands
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    malky39 wrote: »
    http://www.banggood.com/UMI-Super-5_5-inch-Fingerprint-4GB-RAM-32GB-ROM-Helio-P10-MT6755-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1054938.html?rmmds=category
    This seems to have alot for the £150 price tag, covers all UK 4g bands aswell.

Or you can get the xiaomi redmi note 3 pro, Taiwanese version for roughly the same price which covers all uk bands
    Sorry but why would anyone pay £150 for an unknown make with zero UK based user feedback?
  • Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    Sorry but why would anyone pay £150 for an unknown make with zero UK based user feedback?

anyone who has knowledge instead of ignorance ;)
  • LONDON_SMOGGY
    Options
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/best-cheap-smartphones-payg-mobiles-compared-961975

Interesting comparison, I need speed of navigation and internet really, surely the wileyfox storm cant be beaten at this 3gb ram and 32gb internal memory spec. Does anyone know if it comes with loads of google bloatware like the moto g etc?
  • gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I have just bought a Huawei P9 lite. 16gb memory. 3gb Ram. It also has space for a memory card up to 128gb.
    I bought it from Auchan. €275. Tango have it at €295 and Join €299
    It come with a three year guarantee.
    The big Chinese makers are giving Apple and Samsung a lot of competition in Europe.
    I have had it for 5 days and I am very pleased with it. The Huawei is faster than my Samsung S5.
    There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/best-cheap-smartphones-payg-mobiles-compared-961975

Interesting comparison, I need speed of navigation and internet really, surely the wileyfox storm cant be beaten at this 3gb ram and 32gb internal memory spec. Does anyone know if it comes with loads of google bloatware like the moto g etc?

The Moto g does not come with much bloatware - and what there is, is disableable so you are mistaken
    Samsung on the other hand has heaps of unwanted bloatware that you cannot remove/ disable !!
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gfplux wrote: »
    I have just bought a Huawei P9 lite. 16gb memory. 3gb Ram. It also has space for a memory card up to 128gb.

Looks like you overpaid, it's only £199 from Giffgaff.

P9 lite Giffgaff

Is that from the retailer? Huawei only offer a 2 year manufacturers warranty (only 6 months on the battery and charger).
    1. HUAWEI warrants that the Products are free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and use in accordance with the respective Product user manual, during the Warranty Period (defined below).

2. The Warranty is provided for a period of: twenty-four (24) months in respect of the device; six (6) months in respect of the charger and a removable battery; and, three (3) months in respect of the earphones, from the date of the original retail purchase of the Product (“Warranty Period”).

http://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/warranty-policy/index.htm
    ====
  • A_Medium_Size_Jock
    Options
    gfplux wrote: »
    The big Chinese makers are giving Apple and Samsung a lot of competition in Europe.
    I have had it for 5 days and I am very pleased with it. The Huawei is faster than my Samsung S5.
    Quite a nice phone.
    Besides the above comments though, they are also usually a little slow in releasing updates so although they have confirmed it will get Nougat it won't be soon.
    Unlike Motorola who are always pretty quick.

Also the lack of Gorilla Glass or similar would be a concern, personally.
  • gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    Looks like you overpaid, it's only £199 from Giffgaff.

P9 lite Giffgaff

Is that from the retailer? Huawei only offer a 2 year manufacturers warranty (only 6 months on the battery and charger).

http://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/warranty-policy/index.htm

2 Years from the retailer plus extra year from Huawei if purchase registered within 28 days of purchase. I think it is a special promotion for Benelux. The brand is making big inroads in to the market.
    There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.
  • amyreitz
    Options
    Most UK warranties only cover the phone's software and aren't worth the paper they are written on.

A couple of yrs ago I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 1, with my mobile contract.
    Everything that could break broke and the battery almost caught fire as well.
    Paid £480 for the phone and another £100 in repairs as the warranty only covered the software. 2wks before my contract ended the software would
    no go beyond the Samsung logo.
    Since my bad experience with Samsung and phone warranties, I am done with expensive branded phones, complete rip off.
    At the moment there a so many grew phones being launched on Gearbest and Bangood.
    I bought a really cheap chinese phone recently after I some great review from some credible Youtubers ( not those dodgy 1mio subscribers + with big corporate contracts), to see what all the hype is about.
    I got a great phone for £40 the Oukitel C3 (I am not a gamer and don't download lots of apps) I use it for making calls, texting and surfing for which it is perfect.
    Nowadays technology is advancing so fast that phones become out dated at an ever increasing speed.
    The other thing I like about Oukitel is the build quality and that they send updates based on consumer feedback.
    It looks grew as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport