Best wellyboot forward. Pips frugal edible garden adventures.

Comments

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,688
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Congratulations.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • rtandon27 wrote: »
    All hail SUPREME Snowdrop Overlord!

(giggles - sorry Pips - could not resist!)

:D:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::D

Very funny.

Thanks for all the lovely woo hoo's - still waiting for the offer letter/contract.

:o
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 3 October 2016 at 7:00PM
    We started moving everything out for the new tile to be put down. My guy will start on Wed taking up the 30 yr old ceramic tile that is there now. We are having porcelain ceramic tile put down as it is so durable.
    It's the laundry room, kitchen, dining room, a short hall and in front of the fireplace. What I have found is we have a lot of carp and it needs to be gone through and thinned out. I'm terrified I picked out a tile that is too dark. So hard to tell what it will look like from a small sample! I wish I was one of those that could envision the finished product but have never been able to do that.

Hope the new week brings good things for you. :) You had such fab things happen last week!!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,205
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Seriously bloomin' proud of you Mrs Stripes - well done! Well done to lovely man-child for also sorting some earnings - that boy has a good work-ethic - and we all know where he gets it from! :D

Maybe you are now Snowdrop Supremo - you'll have the new Overlord under your control...! :rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    Forumite
    We started moving everything out for the new tile to be put down. My guy will start on Wed taking up the 30 yr old ceramic tile that is there now. We are having porcelain ceramic tile put down as it is so durable.
    It's the laundry room, kitchen, dining room, a short hall and in front of the fireplace. What I have found is we have a lot of carp and it needs to be gone through and thinned out. I'm terrified I picked out a tile that is too dark. So hard to tell what it will look like from a small sample! I wish I was one of those that could envision the finished product but have never been able to do that.

Hope the new week brings good things for you. :) You had such fab things happen last week!!

We had EXACTLY the same fears when we had the bathroom done - but of course it looks absolutely stunning now it's down. I've come to the conclusion that doubting choices like this is entirely natural!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 5 October 2016 at 4:42PM
    We had EXACTLY the same fears when we had the bathroom done - but of course it looks absolutely stunning now it's down. I've come to the conclusion that doubting choices like this is entirely natural!

Thanks for this encouragement! I loved it when I picked it out, got worried that I'd made a mistake and went back to check>>still loved it. It's 13"x20" and I'm having it layed like brick with offset grout lines. (thin grout lines, not the usual 1/4") I'm just nervous that it's too dark. But I can work with it even if it is.
    [Regina Brett]
  • EssexHebridean
    Forumite
    We actually nearly changed ours - but thankfully went with our gut feeling on the original ones. Glad we did, too!
    she/her
  • Good luck mila - as I sit in a kitchen with almost everythign in the wrong place, cookers on the floor (yes its here but uninstalled yet) and everything in a pickle. I feel your pain.

And woop to new and gorgeous bathrooms EH.

I'm not sure I want a young upstart overlord, we'll see. :)

There are literally NO snowdrops in the main garden - won't that be funny.

Bit of a mixed week round these parts. All OK just a lot to think about and a lot to do. Bank/cards seem to be hemorrhaging money in only the way that seems to happen when the 'cost centres' appear home.

DS is waiting to hear about a few jobs - and has his place sorted for Dec

In the mean time the elder hound is off for a hair cut tomorrow (more money) and the living room fireplace seems set on moving itself OUT of the wall - just had a heating/stove shop in to see how we sort it.

2 men one day, that's not going to be cheap is it.

eek

On the positive surrounded by 19p veg and the stove is on (kitchen currently NOT falling out) and chicken/stock pot is a simmering on free wood from Mothers garden.

So, its not all bad.

Contract offer letter in, no contract issued yet. Potentially start early Nov if we sort it all out - so I need to get this place ship shape.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • The tile has arrived and we have laid out a few rows to see. We all love it. Whew!
    [Regina Brett]
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,613
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Stripey lady! :hello: :)

Sorry to hear things are all higgledy piggledy. Hope your stoves and ovens and various appliances and bits of life are restored to normality very shortly. Pesky things indeed.

Hope you're good ish at least xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport