Free Cinema Tickets - Discussion thread

Comments

• patch3228
    patch3228 Posts: 202 Forumite
    ok just put on hold right now...there are 2 screenings for Life As We Know It --> one at half 6 and the other at 8:45
    Find a job you like and you add five days to every week
  • Massive thanks to everyone who posts the codes, I am going to see Life as we know it tonight (looking forward to it) and also grabbed some tickets for The Social Network next week! Yay!
  • geordie_ben
    geordie_ben Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 6 October 2010 at 3:46PM
    I posted this a while ago but here's a repost for anyone thats missed

Normally when you text for the Orange Wednesdays codes you get charged 30p

I tried ringing the number today instead of texting and it states the phone call is free from an orange number. You select option 1 and it says it will send you a text with the OW code

I will double check on my bill to see if it was all free when it trickles through as well

Might as well get it as cheap as possible :)
  • cbrown372
    cbrown372 Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    you get charged 35p to receive the text not to send the initial text
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
  • geordie_ben
    First Anniversary
    cbrown372 wrote: »
    you get charged 35p to receive the text not to send the initial text

boooooooooooooooooooooo :(
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I posted this a while ago but here's a repost for anyone thats missed

Normally when you text for the Orange Wednesdays codes you get charged 30p

I tried ringing the number today instead of texting and it states the phone call is free from an orange number. You select option 1 and it says it will send you a text with the OW code

I'm still awaiting the code, and will double check on my bill to see if it was all free when it trickles through as well

Might as well get it as cheap as possible :)

My understanding is that it has ALWAYS been free to APPLY for the code, either by texting or phoning OR via the website, BUT that you ALWAYS PAID 35p for the OW TEXT that they send to you - hence your Orange phone needs to have money on it (if PAYG), otherwise they can't charge you and accordingly do not send you the text with the code in it !
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • krazykidskate
    krazykidskate Posts: 1,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    cancelled 2 tickets to Life as we know it Sheffield Odeon tonight 20:45
    showfilmfirst
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
    [/FONT]
  • Just thought I would update those of you who helped out with suggestions for my fimclub all those weeks ago :beer:

After those in power cut the timing of the first session to just 20 minutes (useful!) we watched SOME of Pixar shorts...to see where TS began. This week was our first full session and I decided to go retro with Bill & Ted - was meant to be Excellent adventure but the disc form Lovefilm didn't work :( so we watched my copy of Bogus Journey instead. :cool:

After a quiet start, and some very concerned looking 12 year olds, they finally got into it and giggled their way through. :T

Considering 'Halloween' for after half term...it will be later than Halloween but who cares?!?!? :rotfl:

Thanks again for all your advice I have a whole year of films to fill so I'm sure I'll get through them all :D
    Valuable life advice: never play chicken with a lion...the lion will ALWAYS win!:eek:
  • geordie_ben
    First Anniversary
    Went to see LAWKI it tonight, thought it was pretty decent, some very funny moment, some feel good moments, and some nice dreamy moments. not the best, but still worth watching
  • wombler
    wombler Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Has anyone asked doug13 nicely not to chat on the codes thread? He seems to be posting a lot of stuff which isn't new codes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure