penpals in the forces free to send "email" letters to cheer them up

Comments

• Evening All
    I think this is a lovely idea.
    I'd been told by forces friends the importance of letters from home before my OH went to Iraq.
    He loved them! I sent something - either paper or emails every other day and to be fair it they were always delivered very quickly - I think they make an extra effort to ensure they get there!
    Most days he would have something to pick up and he enjoyed reading anything I put.........even just silly lists of stuff we wanted to do in the future or what's going on back home.
    I wouldn't have liked him to have not recieved anything and I know people didn't and that I found sad.
    I must admit I do prefer handwritten myself as their net access can go a bit pete tong at times depending on where they are.
    I am sure they will love to hear from people, my OH only ever wanted to hear about what was going on over here - anything to distract from the situation.
    :A
  • Thanks Emma

I have just sent my first e-bluey. It was general one to "ALL" includes all the forces and just said that I was happy to be a penpal to anyone who fancied a chat. Will let you all know if I get a reply
    Official DFW Nerd - 399
  • hi all, can someone send me the list please, i`d like to do my bit too.

Thanks Alison
  • I'd love to do this too. Love writing letters. I PMed the OP but she's not on so I emailed the notw, thinking that they might have loads of lists and therefore might send me a different one to the OP. Can't just concentrate on a few soldiers can we.

KKx
    :A I love MSE!!! :A
  • hi could someone send me the list too please! i think its a fantastic idea!
  • Hi, tried to PM you about list but your mail box is full. Could you PM me the list? Thanks.:beer:
  • Hi could someone send me the list too please!

I also think its a fantastic idea! :T
    :j

Tell your friends about Freecycle!
    Your Trash could be another persons Treasure!

:beer:
  • CarolnMalky
    CarolnMalky Posts: 14,254
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Emma I have pm'd you, if anyone else has the list I would be grateful.
    Cheers
    Carol
    If you obey all the rules...you miss all the fun!! Katherine Hepburn
  • Hi,looked on the link and registered an account but it asks for the details of the person i want to write to. Where do i find a list of names of people in forces who want pen pals??
  • Jamsi
    Jamsi Posts: 117 Forumite
    Just tried to PM you for the list but your box is full. Can you send me the list please.
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport