Asian Supermarket on the Ormeau Rd

Comments

• Pretani
    Pretani Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    arkonite_babe, did you pick yourself up some Maysan curry or gravey from Camseng? (don't think they sell it in the other stores)

I was in Camseng today, went into the toilet and there was a sign which said:
    PLEASE DO NO PUT

THE BLUE ROLL DOWN

THE TOILET

Honest....:rotfl::rotfl:
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Didn't get any curry, as I mentioned I need to clear cupboard space!

The roll thing refers to the blue hand towel stuff, people seem to be fond of blocking loos with it.
  • Pretani
    Pretani Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    edited 19 August 2009 at 7:47PM
    I thought they misspelt LOO.......

I also was in Asia supermarket holding a list and a polish girl came up to me and asked if she could help. I asked her for 'x' and she found it in no time. Then to my surprise she asked What's next on the list. Before I knew it she had me by the arm marching round the ailes and in a few minutes basket was full and everything bought. She knew her stuff and even explained what items were the same, but only written in Chinese. Now that's service;)
  • chunter
    chunter Posts: 2,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 August 2009 at 5:46PM
    Oh how times change? Does this mean there's people in the dock in Belfast saying..

"D'ye happen to know if the bread's Naan?"

EDIT Anybody found the ad ? - I can't find on the internet anywhere
  • I know there was a thread last year about these but can't find it.

Does anyone use any Asian supermarket in Belfast and would they happen to know if they open as early as 8am weekday mornings. I know parking was mentioned before and could be an issue.

I want mainly to buy spices and authentic sauces..

Thanks
  • Asia food stores in Belfast open at 9am. Hang on and I'll see if I can find the thread.

Funny enough I was in for a quick scoot today :D
  • I know there was a thread last year about these but can't find it.

Does anyone use any Asian supermarket in Belfast and would they happen to know if they open as early as 8am weekday mornings. I know parking was mentioned before and could be an issue.

Thanks

I've now found and merged the threads so you can peruse to your hearts content. If you need any help, shout as I tend to buy quite a bit of stuff from the asia foodstores. :D
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    I know there was a thread last year about these but can't find it.

Thanks

Just over the Ormeau bridge opposite the toilet's in the park,the are parking bay's if you're stuck.
  • Thanks for that arkonite babe, great reading and now I am armed with addresses and suggested shopping list, looks like I will have fun. I just need to convince my husband to take me there as I have difficulty looking for new places and driving at the same time (some of us can't multitask)

Thanks again
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Once you go,you'll never buy any oriental kit from the supermarket again!!
    Box of prawn crackers....50p!
    Pappads,proper ones...50p!
    & if you like KFC,try these!!
    fried_chicken_flour.jpg
    The black pepper one's brill!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts