Daily Mail Rewards Club Thread

lovetowinacar
lovetowinacar Posts: 1,937 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 26 February 2012 at 2:28PM in Discount codes & vouchers
There is a new rewards club starting with the Daily Mail - it states register and receive a £5 voucher for Tesco

link https://mailrewardsclub.mailonline.co.uk/WeekendClub/

Then collect numbers for more rewards.

I hope I have posted this in the correct place?

Comments

• lovetowinacar
    lovetowinacar Posts: 1,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 June 2011 at 10:01AM
    You need to purchase the Daily Mail this Saturday and register the unique number

When will I receive the £5 Tesco giftcard?

We're aiming to get the £5 Tesco giftcards out to readers about a week after you have joined and registered your first Unique Numbers, it may be a day or two less, or a day or two more. If you don't receive it within a fortnight, give us a call back and we'll look into it.
  • So am I right in thinking that you will only need to purchase ONE Daily mail in order to receive the £5 giftcard?
  • Mad_dog
    Mad_dog Posts: 88 Forumite
    So am I right in thinking that you will only need to purchase ONE Daily mail in order to receive the £5 giftcard?

from link...

Simply buy Saturday's Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday every weekend and we'll send you an amazing choice of Rewards.
    1. Read... find your Unique Numbers inside your copy of Weekend magazine every Saturday and Live magazine every Sunday
    2. Register... enter your Unique Numbers each week before midnight on Wednesday
    3. Reward... once you've collected 7 out of 8 Unique Numbers, select your Reward and we'll post it straight to your door.
  • So for someone who doesnt usually buy the daily mail it probably isnt worth it if you have to buy so many papers to get £5
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    So am I right in thinking that you will only need to purchase ONE Daily mail in order to receive the £5 giftcard?

Two, I think?
    52% tight
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm reading it that you will have to buy 7 newspapers, one unique code in each (#3 once you've collected 7 out of 8 Unique Numbers, select your Reward and we'll post it straight to your door)
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • jellyhead
    Combo Breaker First Post
    According to newspaper summary threads the mail costs 80p on a saturday and £1.50 on a sunday

So you spend £2.30 and get a £5 tesco voucher, if I've read correctly about you needing both numbers from the weekend?

Worth it if you shop at Tesco anyhow, and I think you get a free TV guide mag in one of the papers which would save you money if you usually pay for one.
    52% tight
  • jellyhead
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It says in the link 'register your first 2 unique numbers and we'll send you a free £5 tesco gift voucher' and it also says that in the TV advert, that the website links to.

But, if you need 7 numbers out of 8 to get the next £5 voucher, that's an additional £5.40 spend so probably not worth it if you don't want the mail or the Tv mags.
    52% tight
  • cocoloco
    cocoloco Posts: 589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jellyhead wrote: »
    According to newspaper summary threads the mail costs 80p on a saturday and £1.50 on a sunday

So you spend £2.30 and get a £5 tesco voucher, if I've read correctly about you needing both numbers from the weekend?

Worth it if you shop at Tesco anyhow, and I think you get a free TV guide mag in one of the papers which would save you money if you usually pay for one.

In my understanding you need to get at least 7 saturday/ sunday paper to get 7 different code- so minimum spend is £7.70. (4 Sat + 3 Sun)

Its really only worth it if you already buy this paper anyway or you know somebody who does...
    :p "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS FREE FOOD" :p
    'They can have my money but not my life!'
    :eek: Debt & mortgage free in 18 years :eek:
  • jellyhead
    Combo Breaker First Post
    cocoloco wrote: »
    In my understanding you need to get at least 7 saturday/ sunday paper to get 7 different code- so minimum spend is £7.70. (4 Sat + 3 Sun)

Its really only worth it if you already buy this paper anyway or you know somebody who does...

A £7.70 spend would get you the initial £5 tesco voucher and then an additional reward (one of the £5 shop vouchers shown, I assume?)

But the initial £2.30 spend gets you the tesco voucher, so no need to continue after that.
    52% tight
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport