Getting a mortgage and then becoming mortgage-free!

Comments

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 April 2016 at 9:16PM
    Evening :)

I've not yet tried the cleanser- just trying to finish up my current open one and then will have a treat :-)

I was so impressed with Rome, I've been to other places in Italy (Pisa, Florence, Milan) but was astounded by the beauty of everything in Rome. We even managed to watch a flash fitness mob down some narrow streets who commandeered a soft top car and started dancing in the car (poor guy couldn't go anywhere as they'd completely blocked the road so he joined in with the dancing!)

Should hear for definite tomorrow and the wait is killing me.....so excited now! Been off to the gym tonight to de stress after a long day, and had a beautiful dinner of those flavoured roasting bag with veggies and chicken!

Got to blitz my parsnips shortly for my soup for the week too :-)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hope you hear earlier rather than later today - I hate waiting!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • Kittenkirst
    Soooooo I got the call at lunch today....it has now been passed to the underwriters with a 4day sla!

Argggggh!

In moneysaving matters I had parsnip soup (homemade) for lunch, packed the same for tomorrow and popped two portions in freezer for next week.

Car shared with the gf today, and both went to the gym again.
    The rest is all just work, gym, eat and repeat :D hoping for some better news later in the week!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • debtfreeoneday
    How frustrating!!! No news is good news!
  • Oh no! hope they get back to you soon, fingers crossed they will beat their sla.
  • Kittenkirst
    edited 7 April 2016 at 10:37PM
    Evening all,
    No news on the mortgage front however we did pop to the show home today to show the gf's sister in law & nephews round (we live very close anyways!) hoping to hear early tomorrow otherwise I'll be insufferable every time the phone rings!

Today wasn't great MSE day....gf's car went to Merc for a service/MOT which was eye watering. Made only slightly bearable by the complimentary lattes and biscuits which we probably went a little overboard on :D

In other news, I'm very excited as I forgot I signed up to an eBay offer where any items listed & sold, eBay would give you a percentage back in vouchers...up to max of £30. So all my decluttering efforts in Feb & March meant I had a £30 voucher to use up today....I've just ordered a lovely looking doming set for my silver work. As it was postage free I spent £5 on a set of tools which will last me a very long time!!

Time to read a few diaries for inspiration on how not to spend anything before the 15th -payday, and then off to bed.

Night lovelies!!
  • debtfreeoneday
    Great result with fleabay!
  • Kittenkirst
    Yeah it definitely was, as I was going through a selling phase in there so would have been listing items anyway!

Fingers crossed for today and also hoping my friends mortgage appointment goes well today!
  • Kittenkirst
    We got the call yesterday and the bank haven't reviewed the application yet and we're now being told Tuesday evening. ARGH!!

So yesterday I was a little deflated, however to get my steps up (am on Fitbit you see) we walked to the building site to see where our house would be and have a from-a-distance look at some of the houses.

On the bright side this means the deposits are still in our accounts a little longer gaining interest!

Did a pinecone survey on Thursday night and now have £6 of vouchers, will wait until over £10 and cash in for Starbucks treats :-)

Today is a chilled day as my friend I was taking shopping is now otherwise engaged so will watch some house of cards, do some tidying up. Am also debating a second car boot tomorrow to get rid of more stuffs....will see how I feel a little later. Weather looks good for it though....
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Such a frustrating process, I do hope you find out soon!! Well done on keeping up the steps and I reckon you have to take full advantage of free biccies and drinks! I loved seeing the deposit when we bought our first home, though I felt sick and upset when it was sent over! Silly mind that I have! Made easier second house round as I never saw any of it!haha.

Cant wait to hear how your options go, so excited being part of the design plan for your first home!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback