12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Comments

• euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Personally I wouldn't risk it pigpen, but it's up to you. We had to turn down a wedding invite too as it's just too close to my due date. Being my first, I have no idea if I'll be early, on date, or late. Or even if I'll end up with a c-section or not. DH doesn't really know the bride and groom, so it's not like he could just go alone lol
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • When I got married in September, one of our friends was due 2 weeks later and she came to the wedding. The way they seen it is that the wedding was only 30 minutes away from the hospital anyways and it was the last day out the two of them managed to get together before baby came along.

We made sure we kept a room for them at the hotel for her to lie down in. Not sure if that's doable for you?

Just edited to say, it wasn't her first baby and she was a midwife, so would know herself!
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,992 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 January 2016 at 11:04AM
    I have dodgy antibodies, highly risky deliveries.. 6 previous sections and prem babies.. questionable kidney function and anaemia so they do like to be hysterical.. plus once you're over 40 it is like the world is going to end. I guess we play it by ear.. the bride and groom are not paying per person so if we can't go then it won't make a huge amount of difference it will just be disappointing for OH, he has been friends with her son since they were very young and spent lots of time at their house over the last 25 years.. but she would understand.. and our wellbeing would be more important to her than our attendance.

If we do go there is a perfectly adequate hospital in spitting distance.. OHs cousin is a MW there.. you know I'd get her don't you? lol.

Just hoping the hospital don't ring in the next couple of days.. quad test results should be back today/tomorrow.. and I'm convinced something is wrong.. I realise I'm just neurotic. ;) but I won't be happy until I get the letter saying the risk factors are ok.

I've had loads of tiny kicks and wriggles the last few days.. it never grows old.. I love it as much now as I did with my first.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • I like this thread... such a positive and useful
  • euronorris
    Fingers crossed for your results Pigpen. I expect they are fine, but it's only natural to worry until you get the results through.

I'm still waiting on results of my latest blood test - they were going to test it to determine the rhesus status of baby. That was almost 2 weeks ago now. If nothing arrives in today's post, I'll phone the surgery to see if they can confirm ETA. It's not bad either way, I'm just curious....and impatient! lol

I do wonder as well, if they can tell the sex from that test, seeing as they are testing the small amount of baby's DNA in my blood.

Yeah, I love all the kicks and wriggles too! :)
  • Hi Ladies,

Hope you are feeling well. Pigpen if the wedding invite is flexible, I would probably play by ear and see how you re feeling at the time.

Sorry not been posting much. I just can't seem to shake my fears that something is going to go wrong and it is really getting to me now. We had a scan at 16 weeks as that was when we lost one and all was fine, bit of relief from the anxiety and then it all starts building again. I am 19 weeks today with a scan booked for next Monday but how do you keep calm? After 5 miscarriages in the last 3 years I just can't stop thinking the worst.
  • lulu_92
    lulu_92 Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm maid of honour for my sister at 30 weeks and I'm terrified of going into labour, don't think I could do 36 weeks, pigpen!

Bought our pram yesterday (mountain buggy duet) so I feel a lot calmer as I was panicking that we had nothing!

I'm 24+1 now so off to the final thread. Weird to think that when I'm done with that thread I'll have two babies...eeeeeeek!

Hope to see you all there soon :) xxx
    Our Rainbow Twins born 17th April 2016
    :A 02.06.2015 :A
    :A 29.12.2018 :A

• Hello everybody!

Don't think I've posted in this thread yet, I do recognise a couple of names from the less than 12 weeks thread :)

Im 16+3 today, the sickness has eased, as has the nausea...ever so slightly, but I'll take it!

We had a private scan yesterday so my daughter could come (not allowed to come to our 12 or 20 week scans!) and we found out it's a BOY! Im over the moon, secretly I was desperate for it to be a boy...so was my OH but neither of us had said anything. My daughter however, is heartbroken she isn't getting a sister. She's moving in with her nana apparently!!

x
    :p Proud Mummy to Ruby :p
    born 02/01/09 5lb 2
  • euronorris
    Lulu, that is so exciting! I'm sad to see you leave, but very happy that all is well and you're progressing on. I hope to see you over there myself in about 5/6 weeks time.

Dinky - welcome! :) I'm glad the sickness and nausea is easing! It can be truly horrid. Mine seems to have eased a lot now, thankfully, and I finally put on half a lb last week! Woo! lol I'll probably gain loads now and end up as big as a house! haha

Sooo exciting about the gender scan! And a boy is lovely! :) I can't wait to find out ours. Scan is next Thursday. I think it's a boy. Which probably means it's a girl! haha And bless your daughter!! I'm sure she'll come round :)

x
  • Gelly123
    Gelly123 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh dinky, that's so sweet and funny! Congratulations on finding out it's a boy - what lovely news.

Talking of weddings, I'm due 1 week before my half sisters wedding - we're not particularly close but our Dad died in August last year so it's our only connection and I don't want to lose it. We told both my half sisters when I was 13 weeks and they seem pleased but the one that's getting married, less so. I'll either be there or I won't - can't really commit any further than that.

Boatgirl - I truly understand how you feel, it's horrible isn't it but you have to put your faith in your body to know it's got you this far and the hospital staff who must know your history. Have they been good to you? I really can't fault mine apart from today's appt being at 8.30am but it turns out the clinic doesn't start until 9am - not really anything to worry about though.

Had my consultant appt this morning - all ok although no real tests done (blood pressure and urine dip), just talked through everything so far and what to expect in the future. Am going to be very carefully monitored with scans and consultant appts at 20, 24, 28, 32, 34, 36 weeks - best start putting money aside for hospital car parking now!

The blood test when I had the nuchal scan came back low risk for Downs but nothing noted for Edwards & Patau - it was in my notes to be tested. Midwife has been onto the path lab and they did test but the results didn't get back to me - low risk for those too.

We are still probably going to go ahead with the Harmony test but it's not available through the NHS so will be approx £400-500 privately - ouch!

Think we will go ahead with it though for as much peace of mind as we can but it will determine if it's a boy or a girl much to my husbands delight as he's desperate to find out.

Good luck lulu xx
    Married Sept '09, Me - 38, OH - 40, TTC since Nov '12
    4 previous MC's, 6 babies lost so far :A
    The proudest mummy - July 2016 xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills