Quidco Question and Answers

Comments

• Mazcabs
    Mazcabs Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks, I have sent you a message on Facebook - let me know if you need any more information
    Mum to 2 lovely boys who keep me busy.
  • Mazcabs
    Mazcabs Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Joseph

Just wanted to say thanks for sorting out my cashback. It might not be loads but it all adds up so thanks once again

Mazcabs
    Mum to 2 lovely boys who keep me busy.
  • After having my cashback declined I wrote to the company asking why and that if they didn't pay I would take them to the Financial Ombudsman Service within 10 days they paid up. Quidco tried to discourage me from writing to them, don't listen to them chase these merchants yourself.
  • Just an update to the above. I have today received an email from the merchant concerned

Thank you for your email dated 13 February 2017. I’m sorry you had to complain. Please also accept my apologies for the time taken to get back to you but we had to contact Quidco to see what had happened.

The cash back was rejected by Quidco, and had nothing to do with (merchant). Quidco is the company offering and paying the cash back money to customers for using their site to purchase products with other companies.

However, I contacted them to see what happened with your claim. They’ve informed me that they had a technical issue which has now been resolved. Your £80 cash back will be dispatched by Quidco no later than 5 working days after 7 March 2017.

I’m sorry it’s taken so long for them to pay this to you, but as mentioned above, this is nothing to do with Standard Life.

It tells me that if I had not informed Quidco that I had complained to (merchant) Quidco would not have paid me out. During this process they told me that they would contact (merchant) to see why my cashback had been declined. Now we know that's bullsxxt. If you get a declined cashback tell Quidco you will be writing to the merchant see what happens I bet you get paid. Something fishy here me thinks
  • adonis10
    adonis10 Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 28 February 2017 at 9:54AM
    @quidco company representative

BT Broadband through Quidco - has anyone ever signed up to this, received the cashback and BT reward card, switched supplier after a year (due to better value) and then gone back to BT as a new customer after a further 12 months through Quidco and again received the cashback and reward card? I wonder if there is a clause within the Quidco and/or BT agreements that prevent this from being done?

I ask because I am currently elsewhere for my broadband but the current BT offers look quite good when the cashback and reward card is taken into consideration, however I would not want to go ahead if they were rejected.
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hey @Mazcabs

Thanks for sending that through and I'm glad we were able to help with that.

Don't hesitate to get in touch whenever you need any help too.

Kind regards,
    Joseph
    Quidco Company Representative
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've tried raising a support ticket and contacting through Facebook on this...
    I had the £10 bonus but when I went to try and use it on something in particular last night I had to register a Visa card which apparently takes 24 hours so can't use it until this evening.
    The offer ends midnight on 28th February which I take to mean last night as in today (28th) is too late despite it being a February offer?
    Can anyone confirm please?
  • adonis10
    adonis10 Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi @adonis10,

Apologies for the delayed response.

That bonus should get added in separately by the 5th of March.

If that does not happen, do let us know via our social media platforms on Twitter or Facebook, as we will need your email address to sort that out.

Kind Regards,

Joseph

Thanks. The bonus has not been added to my account so have sent a message on Twitter. Would it be quicker to raise a claim within quidco?
    adonis10 wrote: »

Thanks. The bonus has not been added to my account so have sent a message on Twitter. Would it be quicker to raise a claim within quidco?

Hey @adonis10

Thanks for the heads up.

We should get that sorted for you as soon as we get to your message on Twitter. Do let me know on here too once that's all fixed so I can make sure this case is sorted.

Thanks again,

Joseph
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
    martyp wrote: »
    I've tried raising a support ticket and contacting through Facebook on this...
    I had the £10 bonus but when I went to try and use it on something in particular last night I had to register a Visa card which apparently takes 24 hours so can't use it until this evening.
    The offer ends midnight on 28th February which I take to mean last night as in today (28th) is too late despite it being a February offer?
    Can anyone confirm please?

Hey @martyp

Sincere apolgies for not getting to you on the day.

Are you able to let me know whether you got a response regarding this matter on Facebook?

Kind regards,
    Joseph
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback