The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Comments

• ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,079
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Jo_Blogs wrote: »
    The Nottingham BS eSaver i6 is no longer available :o

I see RCI are now up to 1.10% from 1.02% - I wonder if they are having a little competitive spat with the Nottingham.

P.S.The RCI faster payments out are next working day.
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,805
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 27 January 2017 at 11:25AM
    ctdctd wrote: »
    I see RCI are now up to 1.10% from 1.02% - I wonder if they are having a little competitive spat with the Nottingham.

P.S.The RCI faster payments out are next working day.

I think the best one is to take the best of both worlds. Just be aware according to here.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5258496

"Not covered by the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme although it is covered by the French deposit guarantee scheme so in the event of them not meeting their obligations you would be dealing with France

Also they state they are only subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority
    "

I wonder if anyone who know this protection could elaborate further about equivalent to FSCS or probably the possible pitfalls, disadvantage for customer based in the UK while having french financial protection ??. If there is zero risk to my capital similar to FSCS, I will bite it to take the best of both worlds. This could be use for longer saving for a month or two (say) involving quite large some of money.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,403
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    English-language info about the French scheme is at https://www.garantiedesdepots.fr/en/fgdr-guarantees/deposit-guarantee-scheme
  • gld73
    gld73 Posts: 248
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The Tesco account giving 3% is still the lead article on the main MSE instant access savings page, but it's not currently open to new customers - should the site be updated to say this? I haven't been able to open one this week, and today it's still saying they're focusing on existing customers rather than allowing new customers to open the current account. No sign of when it will be available again.
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    gld73 wrote: »
    The Tesco account giving 3% is still the lead article on the main MSE instant access savings page, .

Although you can have two accounts, unless you have a Clubcard Plus account, then they won't let you open a second Current account.
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • gld73
    gld73 Posts: 248
    Forumite
    Although you can have two accounts, unless you have a Clubcard Plus account, then they won't let you open a second Current account.

Not sure what you meant? My comment was on not being allowed to open an account, applications closed to new users.

Anyway, irrelevant now, the MSE main website has been updated with what I was saying ... On 13/02/17:

MSE lead article: "Tesco Bank has blamed "unprecedented demand" for its decision to temporarily stop accepting new applications for its current account, just days after MoneySavingExpert.com highlighted its generous 3% interest rate."

Shows the effect an MSE recommendation can have!!
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    Forumite
    The website says the popularity is due to their announcement (advert?) about not reducing the 3% rate.
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    gld73 wrote: »

MSE lead article: "Tesco Bank has blamed "unprecedented demand" for its decision to temporarily stop accepting new applications for its current account, just days after MoneySavingExpert.com highlighted its generous 3% interest rate."

Shows the effect an MSE recommendation can have!!

MSE has been advertising the tesco 3% current account under the 'banking and saving' section for some time, I've had my accounts since virtual launch, so it's not so called 'new' advertising ;).

We shall have to wait and see what the changes will be when Tesco reactivate the application process. No doubt there will be changes to the T&C's, although there is an emphasis on existing current account customers from the information on the Tesco website :).
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • The KRS Easy Access Account rate is going down from 1.2% to 1% as of March 2nd.
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • hello,
    I'm new to Forum so please excuse any mishaps.
    I've recently retire and am looking for Investment areas, some instant Access other longer term.
    Recent searching revealed London Capital & Finance - 3 Year Growth Bond at 8%.
    Has anyone experience of this or is it 'Too good to be True'
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure