Sky Q

Comments

• fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    MSE Sky deal.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheaper-sky-cheap-cable?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=11-Oct-16-33555195&utm_campaign=nt-oneliners-one&utm_content=5#sky

Regarding this new deal - are they really offering everything (TV,BB,Phone) for £30pm?
    Of does it depend what channels you want or BB speed etc?

I was thinking of using this to haggle with VM for a better deal.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    MSE Sky deal.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheaper-sky-cheap-cable?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=11-Oct-16-33555195&utm_campaign=nt-oneliners-one&utm_content=5#sky

Regarding this new deal - are they really offering everything (TV,BB,Phone) for £30pm?
    Of does it depend what channels you want or BB speed etc?

I was thinking of using this to haggle with VM for a better deal.

It's TV only. If you want phone/BB you pay extra.
    We've blagged this corking Sky deal * for up to 60% off the full TV bundle including sport and movie channels in HD.

As it's a special MSE deal, you'd lucky to get Virgin to match it.
  • Catman7
    Catman7 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Looking at the MSE offer from sky at £30 a month and a £15 on off charge, if you want broadband there is always a phone line charge at £20 and the router charge to post out so can get very expensive has anyone had these charges waived, as BT won't a £50 fee which is very expensive again
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Do you really expect to take an MSE £30 deal and then have other charges waived too?

The MSE deal is for SkyQ TV only, if you add 'phone and broadband then of course it will be dearer.
  • Catman7
    Catman7 Posts: 89 Forumite
    I meant the installation charges lol obviously I know it will be dear if added more to it
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Doubtful you can get it waived. It is what it is.

But if you consider less than £30 'very expensive', I'm not sure it's a great idea for you to be committing to a 12 month, £30 a month, Sky TV contract. Maybe look at Now TV if you want some of the Sky channels.
  • pingu
    pingu Posts: 1,467 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    is it possible to get the deal in wife's name as left sky about 5 months ago so wont qualfy as new customer myself has anyone tried this? thank you
    Honesty is the best policy doesn't matter which web site
    you are on!

if i had known then what i know now!

a bargain is only a bargain if you really need it!
  • pingu wrote: »
    is it possible to get the deal in wife's name as left sky about 5 months ago so wont qualfy as new customer myself has anyone tried this? thank you

Also thinking about this sort of scenario but am wondering what the drawbacks of Sky Q v Sky HD+ are? Ta.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Also thinking about this sort of scenario but am wondering what the drawbacks of Sky Q v Sky HD+ are? Ta.

More expensive (you effectively pay for multiroom even if you don't use it)
    Q boxes are "rented" so Sky will take them back if you leave.
    New LNB required which isn't compatible with SkyHD or Freesat (altho' you can ask for a hybrid LNB)
    Q Mini boxes don't have their own storage vs having a multiroom HD+ box.
    I think the positives of Sky Q have been well publicised by Idris Elba:)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    [QUOTE=anna42hmr;

Given that SkyQ needs a completely new dish, then any one else who buys a flat in the building would not be able to get the service, because it would require all other leaseholders to agree to the Sky+ dish being removed and the SkyQ compatible dish being placed instead (the building leases prevent separate ariels etc). As such they will be pushing potential customers straight to their competitors

Sky Q doesn't requre a new dish only a replacment part on it , we upgraded to it last week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure