PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Mould on Kitchen Window Blind

I have a window above the kitchen sink, and it doesn't seem to matter what I have there...curtains or roller blinds, they always end up getting mould/damp stains on them that won't wash out. Any ideas as to what I could use on this window???

Comments

• bluebag
    bluebag Posts: 2,450
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Try a cafe style curtain that leaves the bottom of the window curtainless. It's probably splashing water and general steam getting on them and turning mouldy. A little more ventilation in the kitchen may help too.
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I have PVC roller blinds in the bathroom. Easy to give them a quick wipe. As the kitchen is another high condensation area I'm sure they'd be ok.

Polly
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Metal Venetians. They'll still get grubby, but you can soak them in the bath in biological powder for a couple of hours. Then give each blade a little scrub with a brush, and rinse off with the shower.
  • pollys wrote: »
    I have PVC roller blinds in the bathroom. Easy to give them a quick wipe. As the kitchen is another high condensation area I'm sure they'd be ok.

Polly

these sound good...do you mind me asking where you bought them from?
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I bought them online from swift blinds, they are based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. Sorry but I've no idea how to do a link.

Polly
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure