Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• caveman38
    caveman38 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Afaermaep
    Why with that long list of RS's you are subscribed to is the A&L 12% missing?
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    For purley selfish reasons I hope interest rates do not get cut today. I have £10,000 I have to find a home for at the moment. Also my mortgage is fixed for 10 years etc.
  • baby_boomer
    baby_boomer Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tough Mabel. You win some decisions and you lose some.
    carpetbaggers dream :j stick 100.00 in to start then do 1.00 per month with no end date. :j
    Presumably a carpetbagger would envisage an "end date" at some stage ;).
  • Presumably a carpetbagger would envisage an "end date" at some stage ;).

ive seen them say that some societies wont probably merge in their lifetimes so good to have as many with "no opportunity costs" (no loss of interest on speculative account openings) ;)
  • Afahmaep
    Afahmaep Posts: 293 Forumite
    caveman38 wrote: »
    Afaermaep
    Why with that long list of RS's you are subscribed to is the A&L 12% missing?

I've already got an A&L current account. In fact I've got 2. This RS is only available for new applicants for A&Ls Premier Current Account and then only if you haven't had any accounts with them for the previous 3 months.
    Old Saying Once bitten twice shy
    Modern Saying Once Sh*t on Twice Bye!
  • Have updated this thread to:

1. Include a link in the introduction to BLF's post with details of bank and BS sort codes and account numbers (including which BS is "sponsored" by which bank for receiving payments) - A-Z of bank/building society sort codes/account nos

2. Include new rate for West Brom Magic 8 account - down 0.25%, now paying 7.85% according to moneysupermarket.
  • LionKing
    LionKing Posts: 446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,

For clarification, what is the best feeding account. I am considering ICIC although not mentioned on the first post. Why is the Sainsburys one better??
    Filiss
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    LionKing wrote: »
    Hi,

For clarification, what is the best feeding account. I am considering ICICI although not mentioned on the first post. Why is the Sainsburys one better??
    I believe the reason is that the Sainsburys account allows direct payment to any other account - whereas ICICI only links to a current account. Failing that (you may not want to organise repeated payments as a set of single payments) transfers from Sainsburybank to Halifax current account (and I assume Bank of Scotland too) - and back - are 'same day' according to reports here. That means you can escape a loss of at least two days interest when transferring between these accounts and can run all your standing orders off these.

On the downside.
    1) You need to already bank with HBOS to take advantage of faster movements in-out
    2) The Sainsburysbank account rate has now dropped 0.25% so it isn't so competitive
    3) In six months time all bank-to-bank payments are due to become 'same-day' (if not instantaneous) anyway
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Milarky wrote: »
    Failing that (you may not want to organise repeated payments as a set of single payments) transfers from Sainsburybank to Halifax current account (and I assume Bank of Scotland too) - and back - are 'same day' according to reports here.
    In practice, transfers from Halifax (and I assume BOS) to Sainsburys are instant whereas transfers from Sainsburys to Halifax (and I assume BOS) happen overnight, although once the transaction is showing on Halifax it is backdated to the day you actioned the transfer.
  • Have updated this post as Sainsbury's Internet Saver and Ipswich BS Homebuyer Savings Account have both had their interest rates updated - 0.25% lower than before.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure