Things You Never Thought You Could Sell

nickm122
nickm122 Posts: 132 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 16 August 2022 at 11:20AM in Debt-free wannabe
Hey everyone. This is my first go at starting a new thread that may help people. So if it's ,erm, not very good just ignore it as I no doubt sure you will.

Right, the concept is for people to post things that they have sold on auction sites like ebay. But thats not just it, it has to be things you would'nt normally think you would get money for but you did.

Weird things like empty fragrance bottles, I mean who would want a empty fragrance bottle?? But poeple do as I have just found out when I sold my wife's empty Angel perfume bottle for £5.50.

This may help people who have things lying around which they don't think they could sell and acquire the little bits of money to help to get debt free. So hope its a sucess. :o
If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply!

Related on MSE:

Flog your rubbish for cash

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]
[

Comments

• jenchin66
    jenchin66 Posts: 648 Forumite
    We have sold old car tax discs on ebay, had about 12 and they sold for just over £9 :T :T
    Pad, started 28.11.08 running total £3674.91:T
    Sealed pot challenge member 346:T
  • jas135
    jas135 Posts: 72 Forumite
    i found 4 complete sets of skis and poles at our rubbish dump and sold them on ebay for £165 !! ( not relevant to the thread , but i though id mention what bargains you can pick up if you look )
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    A Gameboy Advance SP which wouldn't charge, but did switch on, it had been in a toilet by accident, I did mention this and still sold for £30 and the buyer was very happy. Pleased I put the gloves on and picked it out of the poop and bagged it!
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • LookingAhead
    LookingAhead Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    Oh thanks nick for starting this thread as I have an empty Obsession bottle now.......am off to see if there are any others on there that have bids!!

Cheers.
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • Excellent thread. Being a bit of an e-bay phobe (what have i got that could possibly sell!!!??) I shall be reading with interest.

The old tax discs has really surprised me. Are they a collectable item for some people then?
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    A car manifold, got more for that than I paid for the engine which came with it on (already had a manifold that was ok)

I have some old tax discs but would wonder what would be done with them, think I shall not put them on just incase, unless anyone knows why people buy them. I know people used to take the reg number off with thinners and reuse them but with all the current computer systems don't know if that's why they would buy them.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • LookingAhead
    LookingAhead Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    lil_me wrote:
    A Gameboy Advance SP which wouldn't charge, but did switch on, it had been in a toilet by accident, I did mention this and still sold for £30 and the buyer was very happy. Pleased I put the gloves on and picked it out of the poop and bagged it!

OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now that really *does* go to show you where there's muck there's brass!
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • again not very relevent but... you know those fourtune balls that you ask for something then you shake it and it gives you the answer... well i was given about 13 and i brought 3/4 for a £1 each... put them on ebay and they made anything from £3 to £12 :D
  • in_my_wellies
    in_my_wellies Posts: 1,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 January 2019 at 10:25AM
    I sold an ordinary red camping kettle for £6.20.
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • nickm122
    nickm122 Posts: 132 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    again not very relevent but... you know those fourtune balls that you ask for something then you shake it and it gives you the answer... well i was given about 13 and i brought 3/4 for a £1 each... put them on ebay and they made anything from £3 to £12 :D

Posts like these are welcome too, they will help someone or give people ideas. Someone may just hav a Magic 8ball (think thats what ya call em) lying around somewhere!!
    [
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure