How do you rate your home phone and broadband providers?

Comments

• Whilst I haven't had many problems with BT phone or broadband, on the odd occassion I have tried to contact them I find it INFURIATING to have to dial the automated service, press 1, press 3.

What happened to the good old days when you could ring the operator and ask to be put straight through !! ??

Moan over - thanks for listening !
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    BT no complaints the broadband rarely drops out and if it does its quickly back again..
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • Lum
    Lum Posts: 6,460
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    AAISP do offer home phones, despite the claim that it does not.
  • mazza111
    mazza111 Posts: 6,327 Forumite
    Virgin Media A++++

Although on the customer service side, it just sometimes lets them down on occasion.

Virgin Mobile Same as above :)
    4 Stones and 0 pounds or 25.4kg lighter :j
  • I changed from a BT contract to TalkTalk a few months ago. Even though I had to pay to break the BT contract, it's paid for itself over and over again. TalkTalk has been great - service is good and my bill is never over £10 a month for unlimited broadband and calls (I paid line rental up front for one year which made it much cheaper).
    Move to TalkTalk - I recommend it!
  • Overall, we get a good service from VM (phone, broadband, TV) - however, when there have been problems, it is pot luck whether you get through to UK support people or a call-centre in India (judging from the voice and line quality). UK support people have been a pleasure to deal with - but call-centre folks, although they do their best, cause elevated aggravation for the simple reason that I can barely understand them! I ought to track down the contact details for whoever heads up VM's customer support, and write them a letter with all of this - if they switched fully to local support teams, I reckon they'd have a lot more happy customers!
  • PTLD
    PTLD Posts: 156 Forumite
    edited 15 November 2012 at 11:02AM
    we have been using Simplfone as our phone provider (they don't do broadband i think) for about 5 years and can say their Customer Sevice is simply amazing.

(cannot see them on your list of telephone co's tho?)
    something missing
  • PTLD
    PTLD Posts: 156 Forumite
    whopps - sorry spelling error should read simplYfone
    something missing
  • We've been very happy customers with Utility Warehouse for over 10 years now and have nothing but praise for them.

We've had one problem in that whole time (that I can remember) and that was our 8 yr old wired modem giving up the ghost. We couldn't prove it was theirs but they still sent us out a brand new one straight away without quibbling :)

I know about 20 others families in our church who are with them too (as a friend at church is a distributor for them) and have very little negative to say about them either.

I wouldn't touch anyone else with a barge pole now as their customer service is excellent, UK call centre, simple bill with everything on it - I could go on but you get my drift :T
  • AlanRalph wrote: »
    Overall, we get a good service from VM (phone, broadband, TV) - however, when there have been problems, it is pot luck whether you get through to UK support people or a call-centre in India (judging from the voice and line quality). UK support people have been a pleasure to deal with - but call-centre folks, although they do their best, cause elevated aggravation for the simple reason that I can barely understand them! I ought to track down the contact details for whoever heads up VM's customer support, and write them a letter with all of this - if they switched fully to local support teams, I reckon they'd have a lot more happy customers!

Couldn't agree more. Everything about VM is great - except these awful call centres in India! They do their best I know and are extremely polite, but these centres do not really work, except for simple queries. However, I have found that if I persist, I can get put through to a British person in the UK who will bend over backwards to be helpful. The old NTL had absolutely terrible customer service, but Virgin has improved out of all recognition. You do only get what you pay for! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure