Can anyone advise please?? Debt Managers Ltd/Arrow Global Ltd

Hi, I'd like to know where I stand on this.

I've recently received two letters in the last two weeks from Debt Managers Ltd on behalf of Arrow Global Ltd, chasing payment of a debt on which no communication has been received since April 2007!

Originally, the debt was to American Express Bank, though at the time (April 2007) i had been making payments to RMA International Ltd.

A complaint was made in April 2007 due to the fact that Arrow Global Ltd had somehow become involved, and they stated that the outstanding balance was over £1200!, when according to my records it was only £920. I complained to RMA International requesting an explanation & a statement of the account.

Two (or three) further payments were made while waiting for a reply reducing the balance to around £700. Apart from a phone call from an advisor at RMA saying the matter was being looked at during April 2007, and a further letter from myself to RMA in May 2007 stating that i was ceasing payment until a reply was received, no further contact was ever made by RMA.

The debt now being chased by Debt Managers/Arrow Global has increased to £927 (more interest?).

I assume this debt is not statute barred yet, so what should my next step be?

I'm not sure what sort of letter to send, and to who? Arrow Global only, or Debt Managers as well.

The fact is, that i'm 50+, unemployed and would not be able to pay this debt in any case.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks.

Comments

• Hi again,

I've been reading other posts over the last few days, and it seems to me that this is a "fishing expedition" on the part of Debt Managers Ltd.

Surely if this debt had been valid and in order, then Arrow Global would have made contact themselves within the past 5 years!

I have no intention of calling Debt Managers or Arrow Global, but wonder if i should make some sort of reply or just ignore the letters?

Given that no explanation was ever received after my complaint was made back in April 2007, do i have a strong case?

Advice anyone please?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family