Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

comp-uter guy
    Faulty car stereo
    • 7th Mar 12, 2:55 AM
    Faulty car stereo 7th Mar 12 at 2:55 AM
    I ordered a car stereo from Car Audio Centre's online store on 19 Jan, receiving the item (after a gentle nudge) the following week. However, the stereo was faulty in that it kept losing its memory when the car ignition was turned off. I tested out my car electrics with my electrician father-in-law and all seemed fine. Indeed re-installing my old unit the memory worked fine. I contacted Car Audio Centre who ordered me to send to their repairs department rather than give me an exchange (at my postage cost I must add). They warned that if they found no fault they would charge me an extra 29.99 before returning the item to me. Surprise surprise they found no fault. I've not yet spoken to them (they left a message on my voicemail) because I don't know what to do and where I stand. Any advice is gratefully received.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

973Posts Today

6,452Users online

Martin's Twitter