N62 Summons attachment of earnings.

I received a letter from County Court today. I have an attachment of earnings order for a non-priority CCJ. The first payment came out at the end of October and the order was dated 7th September.
The letter I got today said the order hadn’t been paid so will be sent to judge to consider N62 hearing. This could be considered an offence with potential fine or prison!
The money has come out of my pay and there is one payment to come out at the end of November then it’s finished.
What does this letter mean and what do I need to do. I work for an NHS employer so thought they should have paid.

Comments

• patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    They should also send you notice of the Court hearing date. At this point, you can file a defence with proof that you have made the payments.

It could be an administrative error on their part and they may not realise it yet.

Btw, no harm in photocopying your payslips and sending them to the company collecting the money asking why they are accessing you of not paying when you have been.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• I will send the payslips to Court, as that’s who employer pays. I’m just worried I could get fined and have a criminal record over this.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    You have proof absolute that the money is being deducted from your wages. They will need to carry out a full audit trail to see where it is going. There may be a possibility that they gave the wrong account details to the Court.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure