DC digital entertainment ltd

Hi guys. A message of caution if purchasing from DC digital entertainment ltd. They are a retailer of graded electronic equipment based in Dorset. I purchased a samsung galaxy s8 in black and unlocked in grade A condition via their website. The item arrived in the wrong colour and locked to a network and in a condition that I would consider less than the grading they advertise, as by their definition, the product should have nothing more than minor marks or scratches to the rear casing and the one they sent me had a deliberate gouge to conceal the emei number. I contacted them and was advised to mail the item back for a refund which could take up to 14 days. Once this time had lapsed with no communication from them, I contacted them again to inquire about the refund and was told that none would be given as I had entered a trade to trade agreement. If you read their terms and conditions, you will see they have a seperate set for trade to trade and that basically, they can restrict your rights with regard to refunds/ warranties etc. At no point during the sale are you made aware that you have accepted these terms and you are entered tacitly into them by putting the name of the company you work for in the sales form. I have sent them my official complaint letter as they are in breach of contract for sending items not as described and await their response. updates to follow.

Comments

• Did you purchase as a business customer?
  • MataNui
    MataNui Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    Already a thread on here about these people. Also a quick look at the trustpilot page shows huge screaming red flags. Lots of negative reviews (almost matched by the number of reviews DC digital are clearly trying to get taken down). The positive reviews look mostly fake.

All in all they look like a bunch of scammers opening for the Christmas bargain rush.
  • Not knowingly. There is a box on the order form to put a company name in but at no point during the sale or in the terms and conditions does it clearly state that by doing this you will be bound by trade to trade terms.
  • Very unprofessional. I look like pushing for breach of contract for not supplying items as described.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    How did you pay?

Did you send the phone back tracked?

You may be able to make a section 75 or chargeback claim.
  • Sent it back special delivery. They aren't disputing that they haven't received it, they just refuse to pay a refund in spite of the fact they instructed me to send it back for a full refund. They want to send a replacement, but as I'd heard nothing from them for 14 days after they received the returned item,I made the natural assumption that the refund was being processed as per their instruction and have committed the funds elsewhere so don't want the replacement. Paid by debit unfortunately.
  • B2B
    Due diligence required.
  • They argue I did but there is nothing in the terms that says you accept those conditions by putting a company name in the box. Not only that. They have since offered a refund in writing then gone back on that agreement after 14 days.
  • Quick update. Have been contacted by DC digital to inform me a refund is now being processed. Will report back when cheque has cleared. Thanks all for input.
  • I AM JUST ONE MORE DISSATISFIED COMPANY !!

BEWARE !! VERY SMALL LOW GRADE OPERATION !! DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME !!

I read a few reviews prior to ordering an expensive (£1799.99) Sony KD551A TV. THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE !! I really should have known better and should not have taken a chance.

The attitude of DC Digital when things go wrong is nothing short of disgusting. They have refused to pay for the cost of returning a faulty item CLAIMING THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG and glibly told me to take them to court !! Judge for yourselves from the following email that I sent them as to wether or not they did anything wrong.

START OF MY EMAIL - As you can appreciate a very considerable amount of both my time and my sons has been wasted as a result of your companies incompetence. THE LINE ACCROSS THE SCREEN WHEN THE SET IS TURNED ON SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISCOVERED BY YOUR STAFF PRIOR TO DESPATCH. THE SCRATCHES AND MARKS ON THE SCREEN SHOULD ALSO HAVE BEEN DISCOVERED PRIOR TO DESPATCH.

My son had to take half a day off work to return the faulty TV at considerable expense..Obviously this was a choice made by ourselves. Unfortunately the reason I wanted to be in full control of the return was due to a serious number of extremely negative Trustpilot reviews that question your return process in an appalling manner.

Soon after placing my order I printed off your companies product grading details. On checking the grading details again during the last few days I notice for A- TV grading you have now added the words or screen. Its a massive shame that those important two words were missing when I placed the order as I would never have ordered a TV especially for close on £2000 with a damaged screen.

Your conditions of return state that when a product is faulty that you will pay for the cost of the return. The cost of this debacle in terms of time wasted, lost wages and diesel runs into hundreds of pounds. I am prepared to take no further action providing that I receive a cheque for the sum of £125 during the next seven days which under the circumstances I feel is more than reasonable. I am sure that you would not like the details of this complaint posted online - END OF EMAIL

THESE PEOPLE DO NOT LISTEN TO REASON.TAKE US TO COURT IS THEIR RESPONSE !! They even claim to have CCTV evidence showing that the TV was in perfect working order prior to despatch. Well it definitely wasn’t in perfect working order when it arrived. It is perfectly feasible that the TV could have been subjected to damage during transit from their premises to my address given that the packaging was in a disgraceful condition. Most of the polystyrene mouldings were broken and crumbling which obviously reduced there effectiveness.The condition of the packaging gave the very clear impression that the TV had been in and out of the box on numerous occasions which is clearly at loggerheads with their website A- description. ALSO AND VERY IMPORTANTLY THERE WAS NO SCREEN PROTECTOR OR PROTECTIVE BAG FOR THE TV. During a somewhat heated subsequent telephone conversation they refused to accept that this was a justifiable reason for them to pay the cost of returning the faulty item. It should also be noted that the only reason they eventually responded to my email was because the managing director took exception to a private message my son posted on Facebook. The managing director then asked one of his staff to contact me threatening police action which was laughable considering the content of the message. I got so fed up listening to this incredibly annoying individual that my eventual response was uncharacteristically lacking in charm !!

I have now ordered the same television from a reputable high street retailer. It has cost me a few hundred pounds more and I just wish I had done that in the first place. The only good news to come out of this messy saga is that I was able to take advantage of a Black Friday deal and Sony's £300 CASH BACK PROMOTION. The overall result was the same TV worked out to be £600 cheaper than when I originally ordered the graded TV from DC Digital. The company are also a pleasure to do business with.

BASICALLY THIS WAS A VERY LOW GRADE AND THOROUGHLY UNPLEASANT BUYING EXPERIENCE !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback