My date stood me up and her phone just goes to voicemail

Comments

• donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Dreamnine wrote: »
    My head isn't really that different visually - I still keep it shaved.

I have not kept track so forgive me. I believe you have had a serious illness? If so did they know about it beforehand? It's possible that has scared them off. Horrible I know.
  • Concerned75
    Concerned75 Posts: 296 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Just forget about her. You've tried. Its called stalking otherwise.
  • tommix
    tommix Posts: 41,256 Forumite
    Believe it or not this happened to me once..I arranged to meet this girl outside the pictures. I even bought the Tickets. Cost me five bob!

I was stood there waiting for a solid hour in the pi$$ing rain. Eventually I went in on my own, and caught the last hour of the film which was called 'Eraserhead'..Worst night of my life if I'm honest.:(

Anyway, I wrote her a letter the next day telling her it was over and I didn't want to see her again..I did feel a bit guilty as It's not very nice to receive a 'Dear John'.:(
  • Spidernick
    Spidernick Posts: 3,803 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    OP,

You could always sue her - it seems to be all the rage these days :D:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39966675
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse).

Sky? Believe in better.

Note: win, draw or lose (not 'loose' - opposite of tight!)
  • Ash_Mc
    Ash_Mc Posts: 194 Forumite
    It's not a joke but as the old joke goes, did the restaurant have big glass windows?
    Perhaps she saw what you have had done to your head and had second thoughts.

Yes some people are that shallow :mad:

There's also a saying that 'You don't kick a man when he's down.'

Your comment was at best - misguided, crass and thoughtless. At worst, it was nasty and vindictive.
  • It's not a joke but as the old joke goes, did the restaurant have big glass windows?
    Perhaps she saw what you have had done to your head and had second thoughts.

Yes some people are that shallow :mad:

That's just mean what a nasty thing to say when someone has been let down. It might have been a joke. But no, just no.
  • Jorell00
    Jorell00 Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    You dont want someone that treats you like that. Move on
  • kimplus8
    kimplus8 Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    you have left a message now just leave it to her to call you. Don't waste your time and energy. If it was an emergency or she has lost her phone or something she will soon call you to explain and if not, narrow escape from her.
    Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    I hope that there was a genuine reason and she gets back to you. If not it's her loss.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 30 May 2017 at 6:45AM
    No, she should contact OP to apologise.
    Phoning her comes over as very weak/needy.
    Judi wrote: »
    No, if she had cared enough about you she would have got back to you with a reason for not showing up and an apology.

yes, she should indeed - but I wasn't sure whether Dreamnine had left a message for her not -I'd leave one on voicemail or text.

There may be a genuine reason for her no-show (hope so) and why she hasn't called; if she's unable to use her phone, someone hopefully will be checking it for her & contact OP and then it'll be up to him whether to arrange another date.

And if there is, she may well think he didn't care enough about her to enquire why she didn't turn up.

If there isn't, and she just changed her mind, then, Dreamnine, as others have said you're best rid of her anyway - she's not worth your time.

**** ah,just read he had left her a message, sorry, missed that***
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport