PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• spurs1970
    Options
    Hi, Could anyone please help, after contact details for Prudential Bank. Many Thanks..
  • Rae115
    Rae115 Posts: 187 Forumite
    Options
    hi all congrats on all wins ...

Nothing for me today boo hoo...
  • litllou33
    Options
    Tesco Personal Finance plc,
    Cards Customer Services
    PO Box 5747,
    Southend-on-Sea
    SS1 9AJ

(I think!)
  • LAURA77
    Options
    Hi

I've been paid without receiving any acceptance letter. I was reading the above post and thought I'd check my old barclays account that I don't use anymore to see if they had put it in there and there it was, I can't believe it nearly £6,000 soooooo happy!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

So it's worth checking old accounts if u bank with somebody different now.
  • precious12
    Options
    weewen wrote: »
    Hi, i started complaint in February,still waiting on loan ppi outcome though.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly mine was put in mid may i was hoping it was closer to when i put mine in i'm fed up of waiting for the postman every morning never mind i've only got 3 weeks to go before my 16 weeks is up:)
  • Rae115
    Rae115 Posts: 187 Forumite
    edited 19 August 2011 at 11:22PM
    Options
    LAURA77 wrote: »
    Hi

I've been paid without receiving any acceptance letter. I was reading the above post and thought I'd check my old barclays account that I don't use anymore to see if they had put it in there and there it was, I can't believe it nearly £6,000 soooooo happy!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

So it's worth checking old accounts if u bank with somebody different now.

WOW-CONGRATS - :T i guess barclay staff are working flat out to get everything soreted for 31 - fortunate for them monday is a bank holiday :rotfl:- when did you put ur claim in, was it loan / credit card?
  • LAURA77
    Options
    Rae115 wrote: »
    WOW-CONGRATS - :T i guess barclay staff are working flat out to get everything soreted for 31 - fortunate for them monday is a bank holiday :rotfl:- when did you put ur claim in, was it loan / credit card?

Hi

I put my claim in in December 2010 it was a loan. Never expected to get that much!!
  • Fran29_2
    Fran29_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I sent my complaint to HSBC in Nov 2010 re a loan I took out in 2005 which is still current. The loan had PPI as an upfront premium. Following a couple of holding letters pending the outcome of the JR, I sent the paperwork to the FOS. They confirmed receipt and then sent me a further letter in March to say I would hear from them in June following the JR outcome. I have received nothing further so far. Meanwhile in June I had a letter from HSBC to say that I will receive a final response by 31st August 'at the latest' . So I guess there's nothing to do but wait for that. I have worked out that I am due over 10k so am hoping for a positive response and that I don't have to go further down the FOS route as they seem to be swamped.
  • reefy74
    Options
    Took out Flexi-loan with cahoot in 2002 . Passed over to Santander in 2009 or 2010 with massive interest hyke.

Been paying PPI without any memory of asking for PPI. Used the templates on this site to get the paperwork of the original agreement which showed nothing conclusive that they had told me anything about the PPI and nothing about the likely cost over the life of the loan.

Made a claim with the standard PPI paperwork, citing no information given to me at time of application and pointing out that I had other insurances and family members who could have met cost of payments if needed.

Just come out of a period of struggling with several debts and gave full details of this on the form, and how the interest increase when Santander took over the loan made it virtually impossible for me to bring down the flexi loan amount owed.

Anyhow the good news is a letter from Santander stating they have looked into my complaint and will be giving me more than £7000.00 to cover all insurance payments made and interest at 8%.

Lovely :beer::money:

If you're trying to decide to go for it or not all I can say is it has to be worth it. I was shocked that I was given 7k back from what I had given them through missold cover. The original loan was only worth 5k back in 2002 so they must have been making a fortune out of all this from everyone affected.

SO DO IT NOW!
  • eurobell
    eurobell Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    have today got credit card statement with my ppi success winning taken off the balance only £1,000 left to pay.Feel gutted as i would have liked some back in my bank to go and visit my sister in oz next year as its my 50th birthday year not going to happen now.:(:cry:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback