Best account for a deposit.

2»

Comments

• loken152
    loken152 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 22 November 2017 at 12:28PM
    xylophone wrote: »
    How much are you due to inherit? When do you plan to buy?

You say "we" - you and spouse?

Yes me and my wife. Not sure when we would plan to be but at the moment i would say in the next year.

Well i have been quoted X but the final figure is still to be determined as there are still a lot of stock and share that need to be sorted first. I am not comfortable sharing the amount on here, but it will be enough for to have a good deposit, for me to be able to replace my 15 year old car with a good used car and some left over to save or invest.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    loken152 wrote: »
    Yes me and my wife. Not sure when we would plan to be but at the moment i would say in the next year.

Well i have been quoted X but the final figure is still to be determined as there are still a lot of stock and share that need to be sorted first. I am not comfortable sharing the amount on here, but it will be enough for to have a good deposit, for me to be able to replace my 15 year old car with a good used car and some left over to save or invest.

The whole point of these boards is that they are anonymous, for any useful discussion people need to have an idea of the amounts involved, doesn't have to be accurate but order of magnitude, eg £1k, 10k, 100k etc
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    loken152 wrote: »
    I am not comfortable sharing the amount on here, but it will be enough for to have a good deposit, for me to be able to replace my 15 year old car with a good used car and some left over to save or invest.
    I know just the right combination of accounts to maximise your return, but am not comfortable sharing it on here.... ;)
  • bigadaj wrote: »
    The whole point of these boards is that they are anonymous, for any useful discussion people need to have an idea of the amounts involved, doesn't have to be accurate but order of magnitude, eg £1k, 10k, 100k etc

Fair point, guess i am being a little over paranoid at the minute as i have never had these amount of money before and that i don't actually have the final figure yet either. But from i have been told by my parents it will be in the region of 30k.
  • eskbanker wrote: »
    I know just the right combination of accounts to maximise your return, but am not comfortable sharing it on here.... ;)

:o Guess i deserve that comment. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport