Holiday Property Bond

Does anyone have experience of the Holiday Property Bond? Looks like an interesting variation on the timeshare principle.

Steve

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Purely my opinion ........................................don't do it!
  • dzug
    dzug Posts: 2,260 Forumite
    No direct personal experience but from what I can make out they are very much at the respectable, legitimate end of the timeshare market. In other words you will actually get what you pay for. It will be high quality but a tad expensive for some.
  • pjran
    pjran Posts: 1,900
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    We looked into the HPB but decided not to go with them as there's no guarantee of your chosen property being available. Sorry to sound negative.

Pj
  • minimoneysaver
    minimoneysaver Posts: 2,222
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My parents and most of their friends have hpb. I know my parents have recently invested a lot more money into it and use it at least six times a year. All of the properties are amazing. Best of all.... you are holidaying with like minded people. It is so much better than just booking a package holiday and ending up in a holiday resort with a lot of people that you have nothing in common with. I have been to several of the resorts including Majorca and Scotland. I know that they do a 28 day deal, where you don't use any of your point allowance if you book within 28 days of the holiday and my mum was telling me that is has recently increased to 50something days for them now. If you are interested in specifics, pm me.
  • My parents have been with HPB for last 8/9 yrs. The standard of the properties is high and they have a good range of locations. Generally seem to be older age group and lots of grandparents with grandchildren. They have always had good experiences but down side is booking can be difficult as often people book for the same week a year ahead!
  • Being totally selfish,don't join. We have enjoyed around 12 wonderful holidays in very high quality establishments. Kids love it as everyone is British. My Aunt cashed her Bond in with no problem so the exit is easy. If you are tied to school holidays you need to book up at least a year in advance.If you are retired then no points holidays are very cheap. I thought it was timeshare under a different banner, its not, it is very good and exceptional value. Please don't tell anyone else otherwise they will have to build more sites
  • My parents are also in HPB and have been for over 9 years. They are more than happy with the properties in both the UK and abroad. Additionally I can use it too, points free, which is great for me.

IMHO it's not a scam at all, totally safe
    Saving a house deposit. Member no.7 100% of target :D

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
  • :j When my late father signed up for HPB, it was very early days in HPB. My mother and I thought he had lost it, and his money. However, it has proved to be really good - lots of comfy holidays taken over the years to consistently good accommodation. Definitely paid for itself, and now a great way to have a holiday each year. You can take your dogs (or cats!) but annoyingly you have to book those really really early. SO...as the folks above say - please dont join, it makes it harder for those of us in it to get the last minute points free deals!!
  • We have recently joined and it seems very sound. What notice is needed when cancelling a points booking to get them refunded, please?
    3 Months?
  • We joined the Holiday Property Bond over 20 years ago... No complaints (So Far !)

You get exactly what it says in the blurb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport