Gift for one year old

Hello

I am looking for ideas for my one year old Niece's first birthday gift. I have previously bought her a Noah's ark and she already has lots of toys . Her mum makes personalised gifts and decorations so that's out. Any suggestions greatly recieved. Thanks.

Comments

• zanuda
    zanuda Posts: 380 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 July 2017 at 6:40PM
    What does she play with in playgroup? (Did you ask the parents?)

Personally, a lot of kids really fond of tricycles. Which ones it depends on a child. Some like the pedal one's some - the kind where they have to push themselves with feet. And at this age the handle is essential. Better if it is removable.

As for scooters, there are a lot of options for price, design ...
    Wooden toy making companies do nice ones (not cheep). Sometime nurseries have it and kids use it a lot.
    MonkeyPuzzle_JammScootPink.png
  • mr_knight
    mr_knight Posts: 943 Forumite
    I love the scooter, thank you for the idea. I wonder if they do adult sizes :)
  • b11ef6246c8981faa7e260d90d925b18.jpg

Maybe one of those :D

Get free baby shower invitation here => http://www.beeshower.com
    FREE Printable Invitation - Drevio.com | FREE Baby Shower Invitation - Beeshower.com | FREE Custom Invitation - Bagvania.com
  • Maybe something to help with the learning development side of things?
  • zanuda
    zanuda Posts: 380 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    mr_knight wrote: »
    I love the scooter, thank you for the idea. I wonder if they do adult sizes :)
    :):): - I want one of those too :)

The one in my example - no (they don't do it even for 5 years olds). If you look at the bottom, there are no pedals or motor. Toddlers push themselfs busing their feet. A lot of kids like it. Mine - did. And if your niece is like that then, when she's older and better at balancing hersenf you could get her balansing bike (again, the kind when they have to push with their feet). With the bikes - it's a big choice now and I don't think it dill decline bacause those bikes are quite popular.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    I bought my niece a silver keepsake as I wanted something she would hopefully have forever rather than something she'd grow out of. However, another option is to ask if there's anything she needs that you could contribute to, or put some £ in a savings account for her,
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• tiz
    tiz Posts: 107 Forumite
    If her mum would be inclined to use them, some activity gift vouchers e.g. swimming or a local tots group.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure