PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 22 February 2017

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Gutted. I've just cancelled Prodigals Doctors appointment.
  • tiredmum2
    Options
    Morning all
    Judi I feel for you but you are doing the right thing for your son and you by making the rules that he needs to live by
    Walked Dolly this morning and got dinner out as i am off to take mum to the hospital for a check up .
    Not much else going on
    Have a great day whatever you are up to
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Feel rough this morning, very windy here and I lay awake all night listening to the roof tiles banging so bad head ache right now, let's hope coffee will sort it.
    Have a pile of ironing to get through, also need to get out at some point to pick up dog food, wormer etc, my day won't get more exciting than that :rotfl:
    My heart goes out to you Judi must be such tough going m'dear x

Have a good day everyone, take care folks x
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning everyone :wave:

Tru I hadnt heard of Parsons so I googled...how gorgeous ...I want a scampi cuddle :)

Judi what a nightmare you are going through with your son addiction is such a cruel disease. Hope you are taking care of yourself you need to be strong

Had a lovely day with my god kids yesterday...2 very energetic twin 7year old girls who I adore:A We managed to build a den in their bedroom and drew some pictures for their fairy who lives in the tree outside their house. :cool: Also had a lovely pork carvery with loads of veg so I have done my 5 a month for while now :):D

Had a trip to Costco too and was very reserved for me. Call it the £100 shop as I rarely get out without spending £100 but managed it yesterday for just £26. All of that was light bulbs as I am gradually changing all my bulbs to LED as the GU10s pop. My friend spent over £200 which is a lot seeing as the only thing she wanted was loo rolls :rotfl:

Back to sensible normal stuff today like work. Have to head into manchester soon for a meeting which will be a pain to get there, a pain to get back and will cost a fortune to park for the couple of hours Ill be there but if I get the work it will all be worth it :cool:

Food wise I am not sure yet its a bit early to stick my head in the cold box yet but I am thinking maybe chilli or ragu.

Have a lovely day everyone :)
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

A bit of drama yesterday afternoon. As I was relaxing with a coffee after my long day, I heard my neighbour out in the gardens shouting for her dog. After a few mins I looked out to see if I could see her. A few mins more and the owner getting more frantic, I bunged on my trainers, grabbed my keys and ran out to help look for the dog.

Spoke to the owner, she went one way I went another and we met in the car park. She had alerted her immediate neighbour too. She said she was going down the road in the car, I said I'd keep searching nearby.

We have some overgrown scrubland to one side of the buildings and eventually I found the dog. But she wouldn't come to me so i scrambled though a tiny gap in the fence and proceeded to do a Benny Hill type chase for about 10 minutes in the undergrowth before eventually grabbing her! :j

Managed to squeeze us both through the gap and met another neighbour who said she'd phone the owner to say I'd found the illusive pooch. Said neighbour had a key to the owners flat so took pooch in to await the owners return.

I, still out of breath, said my goodbyes and headed home.

So all was well...the escape artist safely home, non the worse for her bout of freedom and blissfully unaware of the panic she had caused. :D

I have to say I was a bit put out that I got no word of thanks from the owner. I would have been frantic too if it had been my dog and so incredibly grateful she was found unharmed..I would have made sure I knocked or sent a message to pass on my gratitude...Wouldn't you all?

Don't get me wrong, I was really happy to help and so pleased I found dog is safe and well...I would do exactly the same thing today if it were to happen again. But a simple word of thanks means a lot :o

Opps sorry for the long post :o
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • HoneyBee83
    Options
    Morning all,
    Storm Doris is on her way! The sky is black here and we have just had a little shower, the wind has picked up but nothing major just yet.
    Serttling down at work with a cuppa, time to catch up on my emails.

Finishing early today as i'm having lunch with a friend, which will be nice.
    Making up a pasta bake for tea as it's so quick and easy, will serve with some broccoli and crusty rolls.
    Can not believe it is nearly March! Where is this year flying to?? Scary stuff.

Right time to earn my pennies.
    Hugs to all.
    Emergency Savings #73 = £1,500/£2,000
    Savings Pot £1,440.00
    Xmas 2018=£100/£300 Australia =£0.00/6000
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning (well late morning) everyone. Thank you nmlc for the new thread.

So very weary this morning, overdone things a bit, coupled with being a bit lax taking my supplements I think. Later home yesterday afternoon than planned, so the proposed spag bol morphed into a chicken and ham salad, very tasty and nice and light on the digestion:D

Just knit and natter today, if I can get myself showered, hair washed etc in time, would do me good to go, but all seems a bit of an effort at the moment. I so want to do some baking and cooking, but don't seem to find a slot for it before Saturday unless someone gifts me a burst of energy to fit it in around other stuff.

OH and dear dog have had their walk and I sneaked around with the vac while they were out, the furry one thinks that picking up the vac, a broom or OH's bicycle pump is a cue for her to grab a toy or ball and run around like a crazy thing, usually making claw marks in the carpets:(, pretty much her only vice so I always forgive her:D

Best wishes for a good day everyone.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi chums had my third and final shop of the month this morning and happy that I have 314.41leftin the food cash purse which will get put into my holiday account next Tuesday.Anything left at the end of the month gets chucked in there as I then draw my new months amount out I find it focusses me on only buying whats needed and I don't impulse buy this way Still have lots of food in the freezer so fingers crossed march will be a low spend month as well :)

DD and my son-in-law are taking their little pup to a class tonight for training.

DGS Danny flew off to his new life in the USA this morning,DD was a bit wobbly but she will be fine.
    Right time for a cuppa I think
    Have a good day chums and I am thinking of you Judi ,you are having a tough time at the moment I do hope things get straightened out for you and your son.

JackieO xx
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon everyone
    Thank you Tru.
    Well my throat seems better today but I now have a cough! anyway that I can deal with it was not being able to swallow properly that was freaking me out.
    The weather here is more low grey cloud and drizzling rain. I hope we will miss Doris tomorrow and fingers crossed for others who may not.
    DH had his oncology appointment this morning and his cancer levels have dropped and his next appointment will be in 6 months not 3,so good news :j( to be honest I was dreading the outcome ) and we are now looking to book a holiday in May.
    Judi I commend you, but if you ever want to knock some sense into him ( figuratively I mean ), I will stand by your side and hold your coat.
    Dad is coming for tea today as it will be DH's special faggots and peas, after all these years he still won't tell me his special ingredient!
    I have been busy this pm and have stripped the bed, washed 3 loads so I am having a coffee and wander around the web for a bit.
    Karcher I hate ungrateful people. It doesn't take much to say thanks
    Hugs to all the poorlies and those having a tough time.

nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon folks!

The horrendous weather this morning has given way to beautiful sunshine and white billowing clouds. The storm is due overnight though.

Teaching was good this morning, hopefully they have realised the seriousness of this unit and are cracking on with it. They just seem unable to write a formal document (i.e. third person) and keep reverting back to 'I', 'me', 'we' etc - sometimes in the same sentence!

I've made two trays of brownies - first time - and boy what a mess cocoa powder makes. They were easy to make but used four bowls and left a film of cocoa in most places. Anyway, they are cooling now and I've tasted one and was happy with it. Think the tray I used was too shallow so will make them fatter next time.

Now going to clear out the final few things from the living room and pack my wee bag for Glasgow. The woodburner needs cleared out too, there'll be no need for a fire tonight so I can leave it all ready for when I'm back on Sunday.

JackieO - you must be so proud of your grandson, all of them. It's lovely to read about the next generation going out in the big wide world and making their way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure